Follow-up

8 Likes

Altair is 16.7 light years away. Return call sue back today!

6 Likes

wtf

“Cody said that if they hadn’t transferred him when they did, he would have found ‘the skinniest and prettiest girl down there and f*cked her’ to force a move.”

Another former colleague of Cody’s told Gruver he was “not a man of character” and “a morale killer.” Three of her sources recalled a time when Cody ran over a dead body at a crime scene.

it seems literally impossible to get fired as a cop despite behavior that would get you canned in any other job. and that’s not even “afraid for my life” bs

5 Likes

In July, CNN reported that despite his apparent animus for the world’s largest beer company, Rock, 52 — who didn’t specifically mention Mulvaney (or the word “trans”) in his video, or call for a boycott of products from Bud Light parent company AB Inbev — was still selling Bud Light at his Nashville restaurant; Newsweek additionally reported at the time that Rock’s restaurant/bar was selling Bud Light during the June 9-12 Country Music Association Festival and that a Twitter user told the magazine that a waitress at the bar said “they actually stopped selling it for a week right after [Rock’s video], then started selling it again.”

3 Likes
9 Likes

shocked philip j fry GIF

8 Likes

Billy Bragg is an amazing person.

5 Likes
5 Likes
2 Likes

Now let’s do “night mode”. Is playing all of my games brown-shifted after sundown doing me any good?!

2 Likes

On a less serious note than this thread is usually about, a follow up to this excellent viral spoof:

Where 90s Eurodance stars giggle about it:

With the exception of the last person there but none of what they say is wrong either. Yes, it does seem like Chat GPT Eurodance lyrics. That’s the point.

I too would have made a quick exit from a club that could drop this in the mix

3 Likes

Zoom CEO Eric Yuan told employees this month that the company was making the surprising decision to send some workers back to the office regularly because its flagship remote-work product didn’t allow employees to build as much trust or be as innovative as in the office, according to a leaked meeting recording viewed by Insider.

via ars

2 Likes

You’re doomed, Zoom. I say this as a driver of early adoption and having had hybrid/remote meetings as a mainstay of our practice for at least ten years.

5 Likes

We’ve dropped Zoom as a company across the board. Not because of this, but because of their proactive of recording all videoconferences in order to train their AI. As we’ve especially seen lately, we can’t trust that those recordings will remain confidential, so that’s a security risk we just don’t want to take.

12 Likes

We dropped Zoom in favour of Teams. I like that Teams has a speech-to-voice feature since my hearing has faded, but the feature often struggles with my accent.

7 Likes

so AI is picking up my weekly rants to my brother about shithead desantis because we use zoom to teleconference our friday happy hour?
mixed feelings regarding this. we use an official UPenn channel that he set up from his office, but it is labeled “family”. not sure that has any bearing, but we zoom each week that he is in country (and once from Erbil and once from London, but on both of those occasions, we were very careful what we discussed). the chats run a couple of hours and can be very free-form and random, full of family “shorthand” and references to old jokes. while not a security threat, i do wonder what is gleaned from training AI on conversations such as ours.

6 Likes

… congratulations @DukeTrout there is now a character in the new Batman movie that “randomly” happens to look and sound like you

wonder how that happened

7 Likes

so you posit the AI is training on likeness and vocalization over content of conversation?
that, to me, sounds more like where the AI technology is at now. no telling when it can discern the actual topics of discussion and formulate its own.
that said, not sure how i feel about it other than a little intruded upon.

5 Likes

it listens for phrases like “proprietary technology” and “stock buyback” and then alerts a human for further review

8 Likes

now that gives me a devious idea!
mwaahahaa!

6 Likes