Follow-up

7 Likes

the only surprise in that list is that it does not include florida.

8 Likes

They’re working on it.

8 Likes
5 Likes
6 Likes
5 Likes

… affirmative action for guns and prisons

Treasury warns that anti-woke banking laws like Florida’s are a national security risk

8 Likes
5 Likes
7 Likes

ezgif.com-add-text (1)

7 Likes
9 Likes

I seriously thought that was just a joke

13 Likes

Me too (and my husband)… A good reminder that there is a lot of legacy hardware running legacy software, I guess…

5 Likes

A friend of mine posted this on Facebook, and the caption was something like, “I know it’s a joke, but it’s funny.” And I had to comment and tell him it wasn’t actually far from the truth.

14 Likes

I thought the common issue was CrowdStrike, not what version of Windows people were running

or am I just not getting it :confused:

1 Like

Windows 3.1 and WIN95 are too old to run Crowdstrike tools

7 Likes

but nobody has to run CrowdStrike at all

It’s not part of Windows, it’s a different product by a different company :confused:

1 Like

Older versions of windows do not have connections to the crowdstrike infrastructure…

3 Likes
2 Likes

Windows has a reputation for being somewhat less secure than the average unlocked door. Companies who use Windows to run their businesses often feel they need add-on software to detect “anomalies” that might indicate an intrusion is happening; Crowdstrike’s product has become one of the most used vendors for that type of software.

The down side to it being that popular is that when Crowdstrike screws something up (like a software update for their Windows clients) it can take down massive numbers of systems worldwide. You’re correct that nobody has to run Crowdstrike on their Windows systems, but they usually want/need to run something, and until this happened Crowdstrike was generally the go-to vendor.

4 Likes