Follow-up

Ah, so it’s like the Seine.

3 Likes

A combination to be avoided, I think.

2 Likes

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/07/22/business/economy/california-forever-solano-county-city-on-hold.html?unlocked_article_code=1.9E0.Ee3d._1SM75Jp4r3H&smid=url-share

The East Solano Plan — a proposal backed by a roster of technology billionaires to build a city of up to 400,000 people on farmland about 60 miles from San Francisco — is being delayed at least two years to study the project’s impact on the environment, the company behind the development said in a statement.

3 Likes
10 Likes

Give Me A Break Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

Sure, Microsoft. It was the anti monopoly actions of the EU.

8 Likes
6 Likes

Good. She should have. I still don’t understand how they let Trump go on that stage when they had already identified the shooter as a person of interest and knew he was on a nearby roof. Democrats and Republicans in that hearing yesterday were both calling on her to resign.

5 Likes

The Secret Service has been dysfunctional for a while (See Carol Leonnig’s
Zero Fail: The Rise and Fall of the Secret Service) even without Congress increasing their budget. But, maybe marking large changes to them within 105 days of a Presidential election is a bad idea.

4 Likes
9 Likes

Tv Land What GIF by YoungerTV

6 Likes

On a personal note… In reference to:

I just got some new computer glasses. I chose some really nice frames, not knowing until I picked them up today that the eyewear company is local and they give their frames names that are related to Minnesota. I now own a pair of glasses that’s named Ball of Twine :laughing:

:woman_shrugging:t2: Though I guess it’s not that weird when I think of it…after all, IKEA names products after places in Scandinavia…

13 Likes
9 Likes
6 Likes
9 Likes
6 Likes
8 Likes
1 Like

Luxury heir claims his CHF11 billion Hermès fortune has vanished

An octogenarian heir to the Hermès luxury fortune, who sparked controversy last year over a plan to leave his money to his gardener, may not have much to give away after all.

https://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/banking-fintech/luxury-heir-alleges-his-chf11-billion-hermès-fortune-has-vanished/85573110?utm_source=multiple&utm_medium=website&utm_campaign=bundle-front1_en&utm_content=o&utm_term=wpblock_teaser-bundle

7 Likes
9 Likes
9 Likes