Follow-up

QAA Podcast: The Quiet Damage of QAnon feat. Jesselyn Cook (E288)
The harm of QAnon goes beyond the extremist violence it has inspired. It’s also socially corrosive in ways that are normally invisible. Relationships between siblings, spouses, friends, and parents and children are frequently strained when someone falls too deep down the rabbit hole.

The nature of and consequences of this harm is powerfully illustrated in the new book The Quiet Damage: QAnon And The Destruction of the American Family by Jesselyn Cook.

We spoke to Jesselyn about what inspired her to report on this angle of the QAnon phenomenon, the heartbreaking personal stories in the book, and how deeply committed conspiracists have found a better path.

It’s a somber one, folks.

4 Likes

The Conspiracy Skeptic Episode 108 – Max Azzarello, Self-immolation, and Ponzi Schemes with Carolyn Shuck
2 Aug 2024
Journalist Carolyn Shuck returns to talk about Max Azzarello, the guy who lit himself on fire outside the Trump trial. Is the economy truly a giant Ponzi scheme like he claimed in his manifesto claims?

1 Like

950 million, actually.

5 Likes
12 Likes

“The lawsuit describes Nargeolet as an employee of OceanGate and a crew member on the Titan.”

That was OceanGate’s little trick to circumvent safety regulations for vessels carrying passengers.
Every single person who ever rode in the Titan was a “researcher” who was “employed” by OcenGate.

9 Likes

More coverage of the shitshow also known as the Roman Catholic archdiocese of New Orleans’ bankruptcy case:

WTAF
:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

8 Likes
6 Likes
7 Likes

Ah… cynical Creeeeig…

4 Likes

Ooh, you just gave me an idea…

4 Likes
9 Likes

That was a depressing read.

3 Likes
8 Likes
8 Likes
9 Likes

… following up on the aphantasia topic

This morning I had a sort of lucid dream where I was almost awake, or barely asleep, or whatever we call that, and of course it was a dumb 21st-century dream where I was just looking at something on my phone, but at some point I became annoyed by the dream thing I was looking at on my dream phone because, like, words were misspelled or something

and so, in the dream, I tried to visualize what the correct spelling was (or whatever) and for a moment I had two different imaginary images in my head at the same time, the “dream” plane and the “imagination” plane, and I had the distinct feeling that they were in “different places” somehow :thinking:

8 Likes
6 Likes

What? No. This is the dream. You are, in fact, still asleep.

8 Likes

I am a butterfly dreaming I’m a crabby old two-legged.

6 Likes

… so that’s why your username is a meaningless jumble of letters and numbers :open_mouth:

6 Likes