Funeral home sued for giving families fake ashes instead of their loved ones' cremated remains

Originally published at: Funeral home sued for giving families fake ashes instead of their loved ones' cremated remains | Boing Boing

2 Likes

The horror movie take on this is that they either realize that ashes make an excellent building material, and unscrupulous builders start killing people to make bricks, or that quickrete has been people all along.

15 Likes

I’ve no idea how you divine one set of ashes from another.
Quickrete, sure. Have you seen the price of Quickrete lately?

4 Likes

I wonder if the extent of dental work that a person has had, or the remaining amount of teeth the deceased had might be something they could use to distinguish one from the other. Or, just overall dry weight should be proportional to their total weight while living. IANAforensicarcheaologist.

1 Like

If I ever get an elderly relative returned to me in a jar, I’m fecked if I’m counting teeth.
:grinning:

3 Likes

7 Likes

Not the first time a crematorium has pulled a deception like this. Sometimes a crematorium will sell bodies for research, and sometimes it’s just due to crematorium operator being too cheap or too lazy to pay the bills to keep the furnace running.

3 Likes

Ask a Mortician did a video about that…

5 Likes

Colorado is the one state that doesn’t require licenses for this? Congrats Mississippi, for once you’re not at the bottom of the pile!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.