Four missing members of California Hells Angels motorcycle club may have been clandestinely cremated

Originally published at: Four missing members of California Hells Angels motorcycle club may have been clandestinely cremated | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Seems a lot easier than the acid thing from Breaking Bad.

11 Likes

Ain’t gonna work if you can’t absolutely, positively do something about the bones and teeth, which can still be tested for DNA identification. :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

Sounds like an episode of Ozark.

5 Likes

Am conflicted as to my level of care that there’s less Hells Angels out there.

Weed Tripping GIF

6 Likes

Even so it’s a heckuva lot easier to dispose of a cremated body’s ashes in such a way that they’ll never be found and identified than to dispose of an uncremated corpse in such a way that it will never be found and identified.

According to the guy who The Irishman is based on this is the same thing that happened to Jimmy Hoffa’s body. Which makes total sense if you have connections with someone who runs a crematorium.

10 Likes

While true, chances are lessened, but unless you’re 100% sure you’ve completely pulverized all of the bones and teeth and scattered them to the four winds, the victims could still be identified.

I mean, DNA identification wasn’t discovered until roughly 10 years after Hoffa’s disappearance, either.

4 Likes

Nice idea for a detective novel series.
Illictly Interred.
Backhanded Burial.
Paging Richard Osman…

5 Likes

IIRC, I think it was a plot point in Michael Connelly’s series of novels, The Lincoln Lawyer?

2 Likes

Am I reading this wrong? Headline says four Angels were cremated but the article seems to say one Angel was cremated by four others.

2 Likes

You need to read the linked article which refers to another 3 potential victims.

2 Likes

Well, I’ve got a connection here…

6 Likes

Even if found, and identified, the remains will be less helpful in determining a cause of death. Hence, while even if they charge someone with some ancillary crime, it will be harder to prove they killed them.

For instance, see states with waiting periods on cremation but not burial. Just in case there is a domestic violence question.

3 Likes

Has anyone ever been convicted of murder due to DNA evidence gathered from cremated remains, though? I’ve never heard or read of such a thing happening even once.

Seems like it would be a pretty small risk, especially if you didn’t keep the cremains sitting around in a conspicuous urn for investigators to find. “Cremate & scatter” is probably as secure as body disposal methods get.

4 Likes

Are we counting on TV? Probably on a CBS drama.

Certainly, ashes are way less likely to float back to shore. No need for the cement boots either.

Possibly a “reality” show? I remember there was an episode of Buried in the Backyard that examined the case of someone stuffed in a barrel and liquified with an industrial agent.
There may have been some case of someone being burnt up, but there have been so many episodes…

What Cremains.

1 Like

ask-mortician-schemes

5 Likes

I had band practice in that crematorium once!

1 Like

That gif puts me in mind of the recent movie The Burial. Does she mention that case (O’Keefe vs Loewen) in her video?