Follow-up

1 Like
2 Likes
5 Likes

So I assume his best move is to apply for refugee status?

2 Likes

Theranos destroyed crucial subpoenaed SQL blood test database, can’t unlock backups, prosecutors say

5 Likes

[…]

Analysis

When social media companies stuff up, they inevitably acknowledge their error, apologise weakly, then make vague promises to do better in future.

Dorsey’s thread scarcely acknowledges that Twitter has for years erred by doing too little to make itself a source of “healthy conversation”. He doesn’t really apologise for that neglect. And he makes exceptionally vague promises about how the company intends to do better in future.

He’s a little stronger on the issue of free speech, but overall, the thread exposes that Twitter has long tolerated very bad behaviour by some users. And still doesn’t seem to fully grasp the consequences of having done so.

5 Likes

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2021/01/17/navalny-returns-to-russia-a72635

Navalny goes back to Russia… immediately arrested.

4 Likes

Update:

tl;dr: GitHub apologizes and reinstates the employee; head of HR resigns.

12 Likes

150,000 lost UK police records looking more like 400,000 as Home Office continues to blame ‘human error’

Estimates detailing the loss of criminal evidence records by the UK Home Office and the police show the figure leaping from 150,000 to 400,000.
Nonetheless, in a statement issued on Saturday, the government department said it was working to restore the records using the magic of computer code.
[…]

4 Likes

Auction plans were canceled, but the show will go on…

8 Likes
1 Like
7 Likes
4 Likes

bill-hader-green-jealous-rage

But seriously, she deserves a break like that…

4 Likes

Yeah, I doubt she would have enjoyed it more than me, but she sure deserved it a hell of a lot more than me.

It might be my new happy place.

3 Likes

It would appear that, as long as you’re a cop, the penalty for cracking a 75-year-old man’s skull and putting him in the hospital is… *checks notes*

8 months of paid vacation?

4 Likes

it sounds like the da really had their heart in it

“Mr. Gugino committed a crime that day, he violated curfew. He had no business approaching the police officer, he had no business being on those steps at all, or there at City Hall,” Erie County District Attorney John Flynn said.

“The grand jury proceedings are secret, they’re sealed, and no one is ever going to know what happened in that grand jury,” he told reporters. “So, you really only have my word that I didn’t sandbag anything.”

quotes taken from the hill and buzzfeed.

more here:

4 Likes

DOJ: Consent decree their ass. That’s the only way we’re going to get some of these cities and PDs to stop violating people’s human rights.

4 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes