Follow-up

The perils of non-disclosure? China ‘cloned and used’ NSA zero-day exploit for years before it was made public

5 Likes

Army won’t reinstate valor medal, Special Forces tab for ex-Green Beret pardoned by Trump

13 Likes
4 Likes

10-minute documentary is embedded in the New Yorker article.

Who knew that a cat filter could cause such anguish? Well, Paul J. Bracher did. In the short documentary “Cat-astrophe,” the filmmakers Kristina Budelis and Leandro Badalotti introduce us to Bracher, now an assistant professor of chemistry at Saint Louis University, who, in 2012, made a similar appearance as an accidental cat, this time during a Skype job interview. (He didn’t get the job.)

The film tracks the long life of this sad-eyed cat avatar, featuring insights from a software-design manager named John Martin, who helped create it, and the current chief technology officer at Dell, who confirms its provenance. And the story goes a bit further still. Recently, Martin and a colleague named Irving Lu managed to track down the identity of the real-life kitten that provided its image for their original filter. Long before it was Lawyer Cat, and nearly a decade before it wrecked a young chemist’s job search, the kitten was a real-life blue-eyed fluffball named Eldest Mouse, born in Taiwan in 2003.

4 Likes
5 Likes

For all of you craving Tom Bombadil in yr LotR adaptations. I didn’t link to this last week as I wanted to link to Tom appearing. I think I saw Tom in it but honestly I couldn’t be sure. He was a merry fellow anyway.

8 Likes
8 Likes

Donald Glover Reaction GIF

6 Likes

Egypt To ‘Ever Given’ Owners: Pay Us $1 Billion Or You Aren’t Getting Your Big Boat Back

6 Likes
11 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes

Pentagon confirms footage of three strange craft taken by the Navy are UFOs (no, that doesn’t mean they’re aliens)

1 Like

Foxconn and Wisconsin reach new deal to do something different at Donald Trump’s favourite (flop of a) factory

3 Likes

Foxconn’s showcase Wisconsin LCD factory becomes aspirational ‘manufacturing ecosystem’

Details of the agreement reached between Foxconn and Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC) were confirmed yesterday by Governor Tony Evers.
[…]

2 Likes
6 Likes

Awkward

1 Like
4 Likes

My Amazon delivery!

The Office Waiting GIF

6 Likes
7 Likes