you know there’s no way anyone’s clicking that link right? :wink:

10 Likes

animal-one-day-rick-astley-will-die-and-no-one-will-click-on-headline

20 Likes
1 Like

also known as “a rock”

8 Likes
8 Likes

is it strange that the important life lesson he learned about a place where men make money by prostituting women to other men was… swimming?

2 Likes

You mean rather than becoming a brothel owner?

7 Likes

is the senate really that bad? oh wait, i forgot about mcconnell for a minute

[eta]

to be clear, i’ve got no idea what lessons he should have learned; empathy for women in that line of work maybe, things about exploitation, sexism, capitalism or – heck – sex positivity if everything was on the up and up there… but swimming?

that’s just attempting to use the “grittiness” of sex work to make himself seem more a man of the world. like throwing naked women into the back of a game of thrones scene, or “i had a black friend.”

to me it seems like an exploitative anecdote

2 Likes

I’m just surprised you read that he learned a life lesson from swimming. His family was poor and his mom did their laundry after his alcoholic abusive father committed suicide.

6 Likes

Prince Andrew makes ‘unprecedented’ request for all witness testimony in sex abuse case to be kept secret

The request was made in a letter submitted to court as part of a fresh attempt to get the civil proceedings thrown out

10 Likes

i don’t see his upbringing as excusing his probably lifelong use of the story.

it irks me because it’s so off hand and unexamined by him. like he never considered the actual real human lives of the people working there.

and now to be retold in perpetually as a funny story about this man, with what deserves to be a deeper story about everyone other than him instead

anyway, it is what it is i suppose.

5 Likes

Okay, this crime wave is getting out of hand…porch pirates taking to the high seas.

9 Likes

I heard that on the local news earlier this week… poor driver was tied up for hours, apparently.

7 Likes

A reminder that the FBI is still looking for help in identifying hundreds of Jan. 6th insurrectionists:

13 Likes
7 Likes

Also in grifters

10 Likes
9 Likes

They finally have a suspect in custody…

8 Likes

Looking forward to more details on this, because the reports on the group were confusing and raised a lot of questions:

6 Likes

Seth Meyers Reaction GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

There is someone IN Haiti who is ultimately responsible for this, since Moise was expected to be a “care taker” government more than anything else, and he instead attempted to make major changes… He seems to have had his won problems with corruption, too, though.

This might be one of those events where all the facts aren’t fully uncovered until years later and its historians rather than police and the government that has to piece it together. It breaks my heart for the Haitian people. They deserve better than this.

8 Likes