Follow-up

and it was the driver… of the autonomous bus. ( if you still need a driver, just have a driver for goodness sake )

i wonder if the front wasn’t crash worthy, or they were standing or doing some other task at the time

(eta: boy those buses are tiny.

Whitby Autonomous Vehicle Electric Shuttle Project | Connect Whitby )

4 Likes

You’re not always facing every threat. Or able to move quickly depending on your physical condition. Or have good vision.

4 Likes

Another investigation into “-Google*,” focusing on misogynoir:

Google said it is focused on “building sustainable equity” for its Black workers and that 2020 was its largest year for hiring what it calls “Black+” workers, a designation inclusive of people belonging to multiple races.

Paley Center No GIF by The Paley Center for Media
*The “-” is my designation for companies that create offensive terms for BIPOC. It’s pronounced /fək/ or /fəkin/

12 Likes
7 Likes

The FBI Will Neither Confirm Nor Deny the Existence of These Documents I Just Printed

It’s about Stingray cellphone surveillance.

10 Likes
7 Likes
15 Likes

presumably because all of the records were destroyed by the tornado? :anger:

( aren’t companies having a hard time hiring people right now? wouldn’t you want to be reaaallly nice to the employees you do have? )

8 Likes

Nah, being able to lord it over the employees you have trumps the ability to attract workers so the work actually gets done.

3 Likes
8 Likes
10 Likes

Guilty

9 Likes

“ NEW YORK (AP) — A New York judge has upheld an order preventing The New York Times from publishing documents between conservative group Project Veritas and its lawyer and ruled that the newspaper must immediately relinquish confidential legal memos it obtained.

The decision Thursday by State Supreme Court Justice Charles D. Wood in Westchester County, released Friday, comes in a defamation lawsuit Project Veritas filed against the Times in 2020.

Months after the lawsuit was filed, the newspaper reported that the U.S. Justice Department was investigating Project Veritas in connection with the theft of a diary belonging to Ashley Biden, the president’s daughter. In that story, the Times quoted the memos, leading Project Veritas to accuse the newspaper of violating attorney-client privilege.“

Attorney client privilege exists outside the courts?

5 Likes

The order, a highly unusual and astonishingly broad injunction against a news organization, was issued by State Supreme Court Justice Charles D. Wood, who wrote that the Times’s decision to publish excerpts from memos written by Project Veritas’s lawyers “cries out for court intervention to protect the integrity of the judicial process.” This ruling follows a similar directive Justice Wood issued last month in response to a story The Times publishedthat quoted from the memos. The Times plans to appeal this latest ruling.

4 Likes

sounds legit

10 Likes

Fisher Price’s Bluetooth reboot of pre-school play phone has adult privacy flaw

[…] the Chatter uses Bluetooth classic without secure pairing, which means it agrees to any pairing request.
Anyone within range could therefore hook up a Bluetooth device, and tune in to whatever is said within range of the Chatter’s microphone.

PenTest Partners also found:

• Someone nefarious nearby could also use the Chatter telephone to speak to and listen to a child in your home
  • Separately, if the phone handset is left off, it will AUTO ANSWER any call to a connected smartphone, in a kind of ‘reverse butt dial’
  • The same attacker can also make the Chatter phone ring, so an unsupervised child is likely to answer

[…]

9 Likes
11 Likes
6 Likes

“ Astley revealed that his friend, who was living in California, “Rickrolled” him “before I even knew what it was.”

Rick Astley jokingly admitted that he has “Rickrolled” people himself a few times.

“I’m just like, ‘Why is he sending me this?’ And my video just suddenly shows up. So I kept asking myself, ‘What is he doing?’ I remember I was on holiday [with my family] in Italy at the time. I was totally chilled out and I just kept saying to myself, ‘I don’t need this in my life right now,’” he recalled.

He continued, “I just thought it was really weird. You know, here’s a friend of mine who lives on a different continent and is sending me a video that then clicks into my song. It was just really weird and it was something difficult for me to get my head around at first. Let’s face it, that video is from a long time ago. I look like I’m 11 years old and wearing my dad’s overcoat. I just didn’t get it at first.”

He then joked that he has “professionally ‘Rickrolled’ people many times.”

12 Likes

They think they have the right one this time.

5 Likes