Follow-up

After deadly 737 Max crashes, damning whistleblower report reveals sidelined engineers, scarcity of expertise, more

Boeing 737 Max crashes: How did it go so wrong? • The Register

An Aviation Whistleblower report issued Tuesday by a US Senate committee cites numerous oversight gaps within the government and the aviation industry._

The report [PDF] was produced at the behest of the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation in response to two Boeing 737 MAX crashes in 2018 and 2019 that killed 346 people. It is based on testimony from seven industry whistleblowers from Boeing, GE, and the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).

[…]

4 Likes

1500 new unredacted documents released.

7 Likes

John Oliver Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

That should keep both 1960s political/presidential historians and conspiracy theorists busy for a while…

7 Likes

As of this morning there was apparent confirmation she would not be here in person, and no confirmation she would appear in court via video link. Don’t hold your breath …

2 Likes

JFK conspiracy theorists - putting the ass in assassination since 1963! Twice!

8 Likes
12 Likes

By my count there was 30-50 of them.

12 Likes

serious damage

Ron Burgundy Anchorman GIF

7 Likes

Mmmm….

7 Likes
6 Likes

They won’t get off that easy.

10 Likes
6 Likes

It’s been two months already?

6 Likes

Covid time is the weirdest time. Way too slow, way too fast.

14 Likes

Peloton Removes Viral Sex and the City Parody After Sexual Assault Allegations Surface About Actor

8 Likes
5 Likes

Imagine my complete absence of surprise:

14 Likes

Critical injuries from a bus that only travels at 20 kph?

Figure It Out What GIF by CBC

3 Likes

Isn’t that the average cycling speed for and average Jane? But with a couple of tons of mass behind it.

7 Likes

I mean, what did they do…try to get in front of the bus and hold it back or something? You know, sort of an Anton Yelchin kind of thing?

I want more information!

3 Likes