Follow-up

Don’t give a damn about Evergrande, but the follow on effects could be significant. As always, we shall see.

9 Likes

I have read (Economist, FT though a while back) that the Chinese government is seeking to damp down its roaring housing market and that burning a bunch of people (foreign investors and small domestic) might be their way of doing it.

4 Likes

Yeah, China seem to have helped the larger investors to understand exactly how much their their money won’t help them if they displease the party leadership (Ma being a big example). The smaller ones will not be getting the personal treatment.

2 Likes
8 Likes
2 Likes
7 Likes
7 Likes

Update about the guy who set up the site & refers customers to the police. Apparently, putting HIPPA assurances on his site was a big selling point.

11 Likes

Do people really not understand what HIPPA means?

11 Likes

As a radiology film library clerk for a few years…

Dad Lol GIF by ABC Network

13 Likes

Most people think it’s like abracadabra - just say the magic word and people are supposed to do what you want. Must be surprising for them when it doesn’t work…

8 Likes

shia-labeouf-magic-gif

8 Likes

I remember a couple of times when people tried to falsify power of attorney at my workplace…

6 Likes
6 Likes
8 Likes

Oh Yeah Dancing GIF by HULU

6 Likes
8 Likes
10 Likes

Straight trade to make no fuss over Assange?

ETA

In case you have notions about Western countries behaving in such a way the current Tory regime is committed to undermining judicial independence and the rule of law in almost every way possible. And the US…

6 Likes
6 Likes