Follow-up

Late Show GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

The board’s priority was to honor Foster, the release said. “Unfortunately, the complex legacy of Governor Graves has distracted from that important priority,” it read.

They’re an institution of higher learning. This should have been a five-second decision. :angry:

10 Likes
8 Likes

NPR: Judge to dismiss Sarah Palin’s defamation suit against ‘New York Times’.

That was swift

7 Likes

After reading the lengths the Chinese state goes to when the people are not famous, I wouldn’t be surprised if she has to worry a lot about her family.

3 Likes

Journalist won’t be prosecuted for pressing ‘view source’

A reporter who faced potential hacking charges for viewing website source code in his browser can rest easier now that Missouri officials have decided not to prosecute him.

This month, Cole County Prosecutor Locke Thompson announced no charges would be filed in conjunction with the revelation that Missouri’s Department of Elementary and Secondary Education’s (DESE) website exposed the Social Security details of educators.

[…]

8 Likes

A third hack?

Give up people.

9 Likes

When contacted by the Daily Dot regarding the exposed IDs, GiveSendGo CEO Jacob Wells claimed that such allegations were “fake news” and part of an “intentional hit job” against his company. After the Daily Dot provided numerous links to the exposed data, Wells stopped responding

so sensitive, my goodness.

hackers like those, and - similar - people working to id the jan 6th participants… they’re heroes in my book.

7 Likes

I saw this episode of The Daily Show (links in the article) and figured fans of consequence-free speech wouldn’t let this go…

7 Likes

Of course they’re not going to let it go… they can’t stand a white man being criticized and by a Black woman no less… they are consciously racist, just like Rogan.

Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF

8 Likes

Most media coverage frames it as a protest—and to be sure, there are aspects of a protest: crowds of people on foot, carrying signs, making noise, and trying to make their voices heard.

But seeing the convoy as just a protest is how we got into this mess. In late January, law enforcement watched as the convoy traveled across Canada, its unconstitutional aspirations and dreams of occupation on full display. Yet instead of reaching for their “attempted insurrection” playbook, the Ottawa police grabbed their “typical protest” standard operating procedure. A few strategically placed concrete barriers could’ve changed the course of history, but local officials lacked the imagination to grasp the meaning of the intelligence that was in plain view.

For weeks, the police have claimed they could not make arrests, tow vehicles, or issue tickets due to concerns for their own safety. They’ve been badly outnumbered, and attempts to enforce the law have resulted in mobbing of officers and a “near-riot.” As the (now former) chief explained, the police are “at great risk in every single encounter.”

7 Likes
1 Like
7 Likes
4 Likes
7 Likes

well at least the reporter isn’t going to jail for doing a good deed. this however is still ridiculous:

ITSD Client Service Manager Pam Keep (*) “said the data which was encoded should have been encrypted,” the police report said. “Ms. Keep told me [that ITSD developer David Durnow] was reworking the web application to encrypt the data prior to putting the web application back online for the public.”

that means they have absolutely no clue about security. if they are sending encrypted data, then the browser must be able to de crypt it, which means anyone using the browser can also decrypt it - so they’d still be exposing the private info of every teacher in the state

if you don’t want someone to have the data, you can’t send it to them. it’s as simple as that

Up to 576,000 teachers’ Social Security numbers may have been exposed because the data goes back to 2005, the report said.

yikes.

(* keep is perhaps the most on point last name possible )

8 Likes

They’d have to teach him to read first?

7 Likes
6 Likes

Mayor Dickens, as in “dickensian”? :grimacing:

4 Likes

Slow Down Yes GIF by stellar247

So far, he’s doing okay… although he promised to get people out of that hell hole by last Friday, I think it was. They should be out now. But he’s only been in office for a short while (and prior to this was a city councillor at large, meaning he did not represent a particular district in the city), and this has been going on for years now, so it’s not his problem, it’s a problem he inherited. Those good folks should have been out of that place ages ago…

And also, I don’t know what wheeling and dealing he did, but the Buckhead cityhood thing is dead for at least a year…

It’s basically white people wanting to break off from the Blacker parts of the city.

7 Likes

7 Likes