Food reviewer really likes American cheese

Does this mean Ronald Reagan hates America, or @actionabe hates America because he disagrees with Saint Ronnie?

2 Likes

That’s fuckin’ proper wrong that, like. Sausage sandwich, yes. Bacon? Ketchup or haddaway and shite.

5 Likes

Between this and the epidemic of people putting ketchup on hot dogs, I’m not sure that this country of mine hasnt betrayed me.

8 Likes

Mostly it says Ronald Reagan hated your arteries.

7 Likes

Again? Or still?

Remember: I put ketchup inside my burritos, too.

6 Likes

Do you drown baby goats for fun, too, you monster?

10 Likes

As a kid, my next door neighbor in the suburbs somehow accidentally got on the government-food list, and every month they’d get a bin dropped off with bulk flour, rice, dried milk, and cheese, which they’d share with friends. The cheese didn’t taste all that great, and weirdly it wouldn’t melt in the microwave. It just got really hot, but stayed a solid block. Melted OK in a pan, though.

3 Likes

Sure. In ketchup.

But we always called 'em Pigs In A Blanket.

12 Likes

There is such a thing as American cheese, but this reviewer has it confused with cheese food product. Which is not cheese.

3 Likes

That’s not a “pig in a blanket” :open_mouth: These are Pigs in a Blankets!

Pork Sausage wrapped in bacon… yummm.

10 Likes

I got Google Images on my side, for what little that’s worth.

I think what you have there is “pig in a foreskin.”

But it’s probably delicious.

16 Likes

Probably? Is bacon nicer than pastry? A mere ‘probably’?

5 Likes

/thread

10 Likes

I know, right? But somehow, yeah… a warm buttery pastry vs warm, not-too-crispy bacon?

I honestly wouldn’t be able to choose between the two.

I said “probably” 'cause god knows what that sausage is made of.

2 Likes

The bacon can get proper crispy if you do them correctly. We normally have them at Christmas and they eclipse all the turkey and whatnot; to the extent that we make more and more Pigs in Blankets, and less and less of the other stuff. It will end up as Pigs in Blankets and Cranberry Sauce… drooling… making… keyboard… slippery…

4 Likes

A meatloaf sandwich.

2 Likes

I think you just discovered the ultimate treyf.

11 Likes

These are the Pigs in a Blanket I grew up with:

7 Likes

Where I grew up these were pigs in a blanket.

7 Likes

Does that feature Maple Syrup?

2 Likes