Food reviewer really likes American cheese

???

3 Likes

Always relevant when food comes up:

7 Likes

You betcha!

2 Likes

If Kraft could just bump up the cheese content to 51%, they could call it cheese.

3 Likes

if the only point to this cheese is it’s molten-stringiness, I don’t see the point of it. just add mozzarella to whatever other cheese you want for flavour, and you’ll end up with stringy goodness that actually tastes of something.

6 Likes

I do like some Kraft singles… but LOVE the Deluxe variety.
but then my favorite mac-n-cheese is still Kraft Dinner.

3 Likes

Now there’s a serious cheese. It’ll throw most others out of the ring in a cheese fight.

2 Likes

Will never not :heart: this.

Next time some smug wanker browbeats me about food choices, I’m sending them a copy of this and my PayPal address so they can pick up the tab for my next grocery bill.

Aaaand back on topic, cheese slices make great topping for potato bake, but I don’t buy them much. End up sat at the table, surrounded by plastic wrappings, Homer Simpson style.

10 Likes

I have an unpasteurised Brie in the fridge that bites if you get too close. The only thing keeping it in check is the rather ferocious Limburger sat next to it. Thank you EU for letting me take my own chances with wild cheeses!

8 Likes

It’s not the stringiness so much as the gooeyness. Like eating shampoo, only, you know, less soapy.

2 Likes

First ketchup, now this?

I don’t understand why you like nice cars. It seems like you should be all about the Geo Metro.

3 Likes

7 Likes

I thought it was the opposite: reliable smooth texture. No strings, no clumps, no coagulation, nothing.

1 Like

I will take it right back off topic for Cat and Girl love.

Maybe it’s a great cheese made within restraints?

8 Likes

well, the stringiness is just the first phase, it’ll go completely molten with a bit more heat.

1 Like

But in seriousness, American cheese does have its place. Just not on regular (non-grilled) sandwiches. :hushed:

3 Likes

It’s less of a cheese and more of a thin, solidified sheet of Hollandaise sauce.

1 Like
4 Likes

I’m fond of deli American cheese, the kind that comes in bricks and is sliced at the deli counter. Pleasant childhood memories.

3 Likes

Gotta love that last line.

3 Likes