Fooooonts

4 Likes

7 Likes

I’ve used my Comic Book Letterer handwriting that I can’t really do cursive any more; I even struggle with my signature.

2 Likes

I have bleak memories of the SAT, where you’re required to “Write (DO NOT PRINT)” the honor statement. I guess this is meant to mean, “use your natural handwriting”, but it’s not exactly explicit, and I think many of us painstakingly summoned long-suppressed cursive writing knowledge to awkwardly transcribe the statement. It was a bad time, for me at least.

3 Likes

They just don’t teach hand lettering like they used to.

3 Likes

Cool links in the comments!

2 Likes

Swiped from @MerelyGifted in the Unicorn Chasers thread:

11 Likes

tophat-blush
Why, thank you kindly!

4 Likes

Small Capt and Uppercase Capt

5 Likes

I’d mentioned elsewhere that the Ancient Egyptian scripts we call hieratic & demotic obvs V much influenced the appearance of modern Arabic. I first noticed it myself only a few years ago (to my shame!) when I saw an item of Tutankhamon’s w/hieratic scrawled across it.

7 Likes

I was trying to think of some marginally useful tchotchkes I could make as a promotional item for our department at an upcoming arts fair. I decided to go with laser-cut keychains that include an inches/picas/point conversion chart on the back.

7 Likes
2 Likes

15 Likes

15 Likes

My name is Desbydes. Shabyign Desbydes.
[cue nifty animated title sequence with dramatic music]

1 Like

And lots of interesting stuff on the blog:

5 Likes

By eliminating common factors, we can simplify the fraction to SHA / IGN.

10 Likes

I got Courier.

3 Likes

This quiz is broken. And a lot of the questions - or rather the answers to choose from - are just stupid.

(I got Calibri. As if. Serifs or GTFO.)

3 Likes

Trade you.

4 Likes