For sale: Freddie Mercury's moustache comb

Originally published at: For sale: Freddie Mercury's moustache comb | Boing Boing

3 Likes

I’m putting this on my birthday list for my daughter to get me. She owes me so much it’s the least she can do and then I’ll call it even.

Those are his cats, he even wrote a song called Delilah about the cats, it’s on Innuendo and one of the last songs he recorded .Delilah, Goliath, Oscar, Lily, Romeo and Miko.

Here he is wearing the vest.

Can you tell I’m a huge Freddie and Queen fan?

Freddie meows, it’s an awesome song.

You make me smile when I’m just about to cry
You bring me hope, you make me laugh, and I like it
You get away with murder so innocent
But when you throw a moody
You’re all claws and you bite
That’s alright

You make me so very happy
When you cuddle up and go to sleep beside me
And then you make me slightly mad
When you pee all over my Chippendale suite

Meow, meow, meow
Delilah, I love you, Delilah, oh
Ooh, you make me so very happy
You give me kisses and I go out of my mind, ooh
You’re irresistible, I love you, Delilah
Delilah, I love you

13 Likes

And here I was thinking he couldn’t be more awesome.

2 Likes

As soon as I saw the waistcoat, I was thinking “Isn’t that the one he wore in These are the Days of our Lives?”… and then I scrolled down a bit.

2 Likes

Wondering if Mary Austin has burned through the money left her and now has to sell these assets to finance the next special chapter in her life, if she has just tired of living in a shrine, or if she has a desire to share these things with Freddie’s fans.

I’m a fan, but not the kind who collects mementos; so best of luck to those who bid.

The stated reason in one of the things I read is that she is 72 and wants to get things in order.

3 Likes

Doesn’t want to leave it as a big mess for her executor, I suppose. I still hope she is at least partially motivated by wanting to send the memorabilia out into the world.

2 Likes
1 Like

wish i had the money to throw at the comb. i’d actually use it.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Those were on my list a few weeks ago for Father’s Day, she bowed out once the bidding went over 100 bucks.

But now she wants my help with some computer stuff.

Nope, she couldn’t even get me a pair of leather shorts, no help for you.

Oh alright but you owe me a cat vest.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.