Forget sporks, chorks are blowing up this month

…I don’t think I’d dig it.

5 Likes

Dim sum hangover cure for the win!

8 Likes

I especially like the touch in the video of the table with a corner of the formica chipped off on one edge. Now that is attention to authentic detail.

6 Likes

One day, I read the actual package, too:

6 Likes

Common kitchen discourse.
Isn’t disdain for the public the primary perk of most if not all service jobs?

2 Likes

:+1: 100%, gets you through the shift.

3 Likes

Next I suppose you’re telling me you’re not supposed to add milk or brown sugar to steamed rice.

5 Likes

Did you grow up in the depression era South? That was mom’s favorite dessert next to clabber.

3 Likes

For dinner?

1 Like

Breakfast or occasional midnight snack.

Huh.

No, I just like it.

6 Likes

I guess if you stick to coconut milk and palm sugar you’ll get a pass from some folks. :wink:

6 Likes

It’s tasty. I haven’t lived in the south but I have suffered from depression on and off most of my life… so maybe that’s it.

8 Likes

I swear that the text on chopstick sleeves has devolved letter-by-letter during my lifetime. Glonous?

5 Likes

As @OtherMichael said, holding the bowl close and shovelling is a normal thing. You see it in anime all the time:

4 Likes

My slidey sense is tingling!

4 Likes

Uhhhh…

I don’t think judging normalcy based on its prevalence in anime is good idea…

9 Likes

Eh, the sarc fell flat.

6 Likes

Efficient ain’t the point.

One of the reasons I like chopsticks for asian food is that they slow me down a bit. Instead of shovelling in huge mouthfuls, it limits me to more reasonably sized bites, with more diversity between them.

5 Likes

After living in Japan for quite some time, I rarely find a time when a fork outweighs the usefulness of chopsticks.

I will use a fork if I am given one at an Italian restaurant or similar place, but for the most part I see forks and chopsticks as interchangeable.

I will say that eating a salad with chopsticks is much better than a fork. You know all those tiny bits of lettuce that stick to the plate after you finish eating a salad? I spend a great deal of time struggling if I’m using a fork, but with chopsticks I can get those guys immediately.

6 Likes

Do they have any idea how expensive coconut milk is here?

That’s a thing? I’ve never even heard of it.

2 Likes