Four women accuse Marilyn Manson of abuse

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/02/01/four-women-accuse-marilyn-manson-of-abuse.html

8 Likes

15 Likes

Men in rock tend to do this alot to women even when said women are significantly higher profile than they are. Heck, Hayley Williams from Paramore had said alot the past few years about her ex-husband Chad Gilbert (from New Found Glory) being an emotionally abusive sociopath dickhead and that he groomed her since she was in high school behind the back of his then current wife. The so called ‘bro code’ in rock is still thriving, don’t believe it when men in that scene say that it isn’t happening no more. It was happening on the Warped Tour (where those two first started to get to know each other) up until the tour’s demise a few years ago. There’s a ton of stories about that tour over the decades with regards to that topic.

12 Likes

I recall second hand stories on Usenet in the 90s of teen girls being assaulted by the band. This is very much a “everyone knows about that guy” situation.

8 Likes

tumblr_mx5g42eJxb1r3vteao3_1280

DJyP

7 Likes

I guess things aren’t looking good for Johan on American Gods. I have to say, I am not upset about that at all. Creepy AF and not in a good way.

3 Likes

Yeah, shocking. That dude always seemed so normal and balanced.

Is that a microphone holder shaped like a kitchen knife? #edgy

4 Likes

Gosh.

1 Like

I join the chorus of others who are not at all shocked. It’s not the makeup or silly contacts that produce the creep vibes, it’s him.

10 Likes

Oh FFS, not another one.
Yes, surprised. Colour me naive.
Whatever. Now fucking off to Unicorn Chasers. I may be some time.

2 Likes

Looks more like a trowel to me. In case someone throws flowers on stage for some quick potting. Or dig an emergency latrine in case of surprise performance-poops.

2 Likes

Can I have both these reactions at once?

4 Likes

It’s not the ‘shock value’ content of his music, either.

Bill Cosby had a ‘squeaky clean’ rep, and we see what an insidious predator he was.

11 Likes
5 Likes

Ayup.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.