Fox News Christmas tree engulfed in flames after man climbs it, caught on video

I heard rumors that there was a large cross inside the tree and that cross was the source of the fire.

8 Likes

…one of those crosses that have four arms that bend to the right.

2 Likes

Metaphor alert!

4 Likes

Cowardice? It was a homeless guy that probably has issues. Maybe they could stop and think what that tree is supposed to represent and reach out to help the guy. Maybe make a huge donation to a local homeless shelter. Something, anything.

Oh right, a red white and blue Christmas tree probablly represents something other than love thy neighbor.

This was their official statement.

“This has become a new wonderful tradition on FOX Square over the last three years. We will not let this deliberate and brazen act of cowardice deter us. We are in the process of rebuilding and installing a new tree as a message that there can be peace, light and joy even during a dark moment like this,”

3 Likes

WWI started because some dude decided to get a sandwich. Think about it.

2 Likes

:flushed:

OMG, they really are going to rope this (non)event into the stupid War on Christmas.

And declare themselves and their tribe victims in the process. Win-win I guess.

8 Likes

2021 in one Gif.

1 Like

So do we know how the fire started? Was it deliberate or did he maybe mess up one of the light connectors, caused and electric arc that caught the tree on fire? ETA: Ah, guy used paper kindling and lit it on fire.

A Christmas tree on fire is an appropriate mascot for Fox News.

Wait so was it brazen, or cowardly? I don’t understand these people.

9 Likes

The news story says how it started.

It was a 49 year old homeless man.

1 Like

This bit really is ridiculous.

9 Likes

Yeah, but how? Did he have some gas and a lighter? Road Flare? Or was it an accident, where when climbing the tree it messed up one of the million electrical lights that caused a fire.

Arson is bad.
Keeping the rest of my opinion to myself.

2 Likes

like that.

3 Likes

It’s literally in the article.

He climbed the structure, lit some papers on fire, shoved them in the tree, climbed back down, and stood there watching it burn.

They are more the cross-on-fire types, I think.

LOL - sorry - I shoulda RTFA.

4 Likes

Homeless guy sets fire to very flammable plastic display.

How right media will report it:

reich

15 Likes

Best response on Twitter I’ve seen:

10 Likes