Watch: Fox News way more upset about its Christmas tree burning down than January 6 capitol riot

Originally published at: Watch: Fox News way more upset about its Christmas tree burning down than January 6 capitol riot | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Episode 2 Whatever GIF

18 Likes

But of course they (over) reacted. It was another attack in the war on xmas. The Jan. 6 folks were patriots. (/sarcasm)

14 Likes

Priorities, guys. Priorities.

13 Likes

So much ornament-clutching…

Also, “Today I Learned” that xmas trees represent Hanukkah and the colors of the flag of the USA. :man_shrugging:

31 Likes

I’m sure the Confederates are more upset about the statues of Forrest coming down than all the people he massacred too. People don’t usually get too worked up about attacks on what they are trying to destroy.

18 Likes

So. Single homeless guy burns down what looks like a fire waiting to happen= Librul plot

Mass murderer militia member spree kills Muslims/Black people = lone wolf

Groups of militia members and insurrectionists attempt to interfere with the democratic orderly handover of power = patriots

Gotcha.

I think they should completely surround their building with highly flammable fake trees.

24 Likes

35 Likes

Just wait until Fox News finds out about the true origins of St. Nick…or Jesus for that matter.

29 Likes

28 Likes

“it’s about Hanukkah…”

nathan fillion castle GIF

16 Likes

Makes sense - the bogus “war on Christmas” is their perennial favorite, as it really gets their base going. They finally had something that makes them the victim, too. They’re going to milk the heck out of this.

13 Likes

And I always thought It was a pagan tradition that was incorporated into the Christianity via syncretic practices.

16 Likes

I genuinely believe it was a false tree event.

14 Likes

It was definitely a false tree.

7 Likes

22 Likes

ah yes, but doesn’t article 4 start: “don’t touch my damn christmas presents, jefferson.”

hanukkah has lights, and christmas trees have lights so … obviously?

i mean the whole christmas star lighting the way for the three wise men ( wise guys? mafiosos? ) was actually just a menorah in the inn’s window. true facts. it’s just terribly easy to get confused at night.

or… more likely, the fox news hosts don’t know anything about the holiday they keep pretending is theirs.

8 Likes

It's a pagan holiday, Charlie Brwn

21 Likes

Putting that in my archive, thanks

7 Likes

TIL: Christmas trees are about Hanukkah.

2 Likes