Fox News marches into Gilead with seriously creepy prayer segment (video)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/18/fox-news-marches-into-gilead-with-seriously-creepy-prayer-segment-video.html

5 Likes

This segment was not brought to you by the Gospel of Matthew and the numbers 6:5-6.

15 Likes

This must make the Xtianist grifters at the 700 Club and similar networks very nervous. They can’t compete with Murdoch.

11 Likes

“In the spirit of Easter, I will betray one of you tonight.”

9 Likes

No, no. Good Friday is the holiday commemorating betrayal and torture. Easter is the holiday commemorating zombies.

22 Likes

Growing up my parents would always ask me to give up something for Lent, and I’d always say “how about I give up church?”

That never seemed to work.

“OK, how about I give up fasting?”

14 Likes

There’s an app for this now?

WTF?

Oh, JFC!

11 Likes

Came here for that.

Also,

11 Likes

Jesus wasn’t a zombie, he was a vampire… it’s all about blood not brains… Although, I think that @the_borderer once argued that Jesus might be a Lich…

8 Likes

Don’t vampires heal, though? Jesus still had all those holes in his body when Thomas met him.

ETA: Now that I think about it he has a lot of qualities related to classic vampire traits, only reversed from the norm.

• Emerged from his crypt just before dawn instead of just after dusk
  • Wanted everyone else to drink his blood instead of the other way around
  • Crossed bodies of water with ease
  • Spent lots of time in close proximity to crucifixes
  • Walked exclusively on hallowed ground

Perhaps he’s a Bizarro World vampire!

10 Likes

Okay, look, as an atheist I acknowledge that I don’t know the ins and outs of the Christian religion, but having a sponsored prayer segment just seems a bit blasphemous to me.

9 Likes

I thought he was a Lich? :stuck_out_tongue:

yeah, but he’s still more like a vampire than a zombie…

Winona Ryder Movie GIF by filmeditor

Jesus Reaction GIF

Um… literally said that, dude. Like, literally. :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

Reverse-vampires!

6 Likes

Sorry, I didn’t see it on the original post, just the reply where it was cut off.

2 Likes

I have less of a problem with that specific message, and more with the fact that they constantly support policies, politicians, and narratives that are antithetical to “selfless love”.

4 Likes

Heck, they even have a downer on “self-love”.

4 Likes

So instead of being Dracula, he’s Alucard?

7 Likes

No sweat. Most Christians don’t know either.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.