Fox News poll finds Biden leads Trump on "mental soundness"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/09/14/fox-news-poll-finds-biden-lead.html

3 Likes

That is depressing, because it doesn’t mean that Biden got 4 points and Trump 0.

4 Likes

Anyone who still believes Trumpty-Dumpsterfire is mentally sound needs a straitjacket, STAT!

3 Likes

Agreed. That the difference is only 4 points (when the poll has a 2.5% margin of error) is truly depressing.

5 Likes

Trump’s response:
“True! --nervous --very, very dreadfully nervous I had been and am; but why will you say that I am mad? The disease had sharpened my senses --not destroyed --not dulled them. Above all was the sense of hearing acute. I heard all things in the heaven and in the earth. I heard many things in hell. How, then, am I mad? Hearken! and observe how healthily --how calmly I can tell you the whole story.”

5 Likes

I’d like a poll on the mental soundness of the people that picked Trump

9 Likes

That’s not setting a very high bar, but a win is a win.

That’s a false dichotomy that only 2% of respondents caught onto I guess.

No, a false dichotomy would be asking “which one of these two candidates is mentally sound enough for the job?”

The question asked was “does [Biden/Trump] have the mental soundness to serve as president?" so respondents could have said “yes” or “no” for both candidates.

2 Likes

We should probably replace our two political parties with two new ones if these are their top picks.

It’s my interpretation that many people have not matured beyond a high school mentality, so they believe people who act better are phonies, and that’s part of why we got in this awful position. A poll designed to determine emotional quotient may be more revealing.

1 Like

Your quote reads at a much higher lexile score than tRump has ever achieved.

Fox News is, obviously, generally garbage (Murdoch will go down in history as one of the evilest capitalists of our era… if we make it that far! I could go on and about the possible world state I wish we would transition to vis-a-vis his existence vs his non-existence, but as far as I can tell, such things are against the rules here)

But, I’ve definitely seen them put out one or two articles before that weren’t shit. No way in hell do I remember what they were. Technically, assuming EVERYTHING from a source you don’t trust is false is a form of genetic fallacy, sort of like the opposite where you do an appeal to authority because you like / trust a certain periodical.

It’s just annoying being expected to vet any and all pieces of information that exist. (It can get into Gish Gallop / concern troll territory) so people end up getting lazy, falling back on heuristics to live by, etc.

If only we had more time to be alive / conscious!

Half-awake budgies have more ‘mental soundness’ than Trump.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.