Free Superheroes tabletop game from the makers of Star Breach

Originally published at: Free Superheroes tabletop game from the makers of Star Breach | Boing Boing

1 Like

Supers link Missing:

I love their game Wild in the Streets (punk gang warfare)

but does it capture the spirit of real punk gang warfare?

2 Likes

You are probably making a joke about punk authenticity, but to take the question seriously, it isn’t meant to be a simulation of real gang warfare (punk or otherwise) but more to recreate the cinematic version of it as shown in movies like The Warriors.

2 Likes

And it thus invites you to come out and play?

5 Likes

There are some gameplay videos on Guerrilla Miniature Games. The one below is the first one Ash produced.

1 Like

No, it invites you to come out and paa-laaaaaaay.

5 Likes

I grew up in the overly violent San Diego punk scene of the early 80s. I don’t want to glorify that at all and in real life I don’t like violence but I wanted to make a cartoony and over the top game of punks, goths, derby girls, etc beating each other up over records, imagined beef or just because they’re idiots. I know Wild In The Streets isn’t for everyone but if you like simple miniatures games you should check it out.

2 Likes

My comment was mostly in jest, but I was kind of wondering what “punk gang warfare” consisted of. I assumed it was more of an imagined movie/comic type warfare than the ‘real thing’

That sounds like an excellent premise for a game! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.