French TV cuts Facebook Live video from desecrated Jewish cemetery due to anti-Semitic troll swarm

jah, right; in theory.

Mostly, but sometimes also in practice. I don’t watch news, but I remember the case when a person was sentenced for posting hate speech comment againtst Romani people (a very underprivileged ethinc group in Europe). Recently a high profile band members were also prosecuted for hate speech in their song lyrics.

France is no longer safe for Jews.
Labour in the UK has made Jew-Hatred policy.
Eastern and Central Europe? Hah!
The main opposition Parties in Germany and Austria explicitly hate Jews.
Much of the Muslim world doesn’t permit Jews to enter and took away their Jews’ citizenship 1948 or earlier
The US is currently run by MAGATs who like the idea of Israel because if enough Jews are killed over there Jesus will be allowed to come back and end the world, but they hate Jews. Attacks against Jews have been on the rise for several years all over the country.

The idea that antisemitism was socially unacceptable was nice for the few years that we pretended it was true.

2 Likes

Labour has made the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance definition of antisemitism policy.

Jews or Israelis?

3 Likes

It’s not co-incidental that this is happening while the yellow-vest protests continue. The movement is far from unified ideologically, and there’s a strong right-wing populist subset in the countryside. Anti-Semitism in some form always travels along with right-wing populism.

The problem that too many French people had and have with the original Nazis was that they were foreign Nazis. France was known as the most virulently anti-Semitic country in Western Europe for a long time, right up until (and overlapping with) Germany’s genocidal implementation of Jew hatred. That never completely died out in France, and the use of swastikas in cases like this might be seen more as a tribute to history’s foremost practitioners of that toxic ideology, one that now transcends nationalism.

5 Likes

Jews. Not Israelis. Jews

(citation needed)

Who are we to kvetch about French (and English) anti-Semitism when we here in the greatest nation the world has ever known has a ruling party and POTUS enabling it as well?
BTW; I tend to avoid the corporate media, specially TV news when I can. So can someone tell me when nine people were killed in a synagogue in France (or England) because I missed those stories.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.