Freshman Missouri Rep almost made it 3 months before introducing bill urging members to say "fiscal," not "physical"

[Read the post]

5 Likes

Yeah don’t miss my home state that much…
But there are some odd pronunciations there. In the rural French settled areas they manage to pronounce the town of Vichy correctly by then say Vairsails for the next town down the road.
I have almost quit saying waRsh… almost.

15 Likes

I worked with a high level administrator who didn’t just say “physical year”. She wrote it. She would send out messages about the importance of budgeting for “the upcoming physical year”.

I’m probably not the only one who breathed a sigh of relief when she retired.

24 Likes

I worked with people like that at a certain government space agency.

2 Likes

Amazing that we made it through 8 years of Dubya and no one did the same thing for “nuke-yoo-ler.”

13 Likes

That is actually the more common pronunciation in the US…

After all, there is a world of difference between fiscal restraint and physical restraint.

14 Likes

Now start working on strenth.

5 Likes

Trying very hard to forget the 20 years that I spent living and working there.
And oh yeah, it was pointed out that I had a “California accent”

8 Likes

I know a physicist who pronounces “specific” as “pacific”. I haven’t been able to find out if it works the same the other way around, but one of these days I’ll find out what he thinks about the Specific Ocean.

10 Likes

I’d settle for Republicans demonstrating either…

10 Likes

generally speaking, …

11 Likes

I’m from MO and this isn’t interesting. The real story here is that someone else has an Olivia Newton-John holodeck program! How do I contact them?

3 Likes

4 Likes

Citation please.

1 Like

That’s funny and all, but what does this have to do with the young Keith Richards?

4 Likes

She reserves a NooQueueLer option.

1 Like

Mitchell and webb :slight_smile:

4 Likes

The last listed quote

Ahh. I didn’t get the reference.