Frighteningly strange high-heeled "skin shoes" now for sale

Instantly reminded me of this illustration by Frank Morris, circa 1984, here scanned from my copy of Illustrators 25.

There’s little new under the sun…
High%20Heels

22 Likes

I know we’re not supposed to judge by appearances, but if I ever seen someone wearing these, I’m gonna assume they or a family member is a serial killer.

“Frighteningly”, “startlingly” - is it adverb day today at the @pesco household?

Can’t search for it because i’m at work (tried but it wouldn’t let me open the link to check it) but if you want maximum weirdness look for synthetic human skin bags ( believe the maker for this also made clothes out of it, i can’t recall)

1 Like

Man, it’s going to be a weird future.

3 Likes

Now that Megyn Kelly’s off the air, we’ll never know.

7 Likes

Just looking at it makes my arches hurt.

3 Likes

I’m not into the shoes at all, but I do like the Sarah Sitkin, the artist they worked with to make the prototypes.

3 Likes

I read the first few comments and STILL went for a closer look.
WTF is wrong with me?

Also: :face_vomiting:

4 Likes

Track #7 - The Cruel Shoes

4 Likes

Hmm, why is that person standing on two tupperware containers?

3 Likes

And that’s just the guys!

1 Like

Yeah, was gonna say…this triggers my deep seated injury instincts, man.

1 Like

‘Warm Ivory’
fresh off the poachers’ truck…
iuugh

2 Likes
10 Likes

Hear, hear.

The mistake was made by Vogue, not Boing Boing, but since there isn’t a “[sic]” in the blockquote, they’re both wrong.

3 Likes

Or how one is labeled ‘Natural’, implying that the rest are unnatural

2 Likes

food for everyone!

I suspect that the brands that still think numbers are too impersonal spend quite a bit of money on consultants.

(I wonder if Huda Beauty ever runs into problems with lactose intolerance?)

3 Likes

Cruel Shoes is also a book by Steve Martin.

1 Like

oh yes, that’s true. i had forgotten that part. i know the piece from the album.