Frighteningly strange high-heeled "skin shoes" now for sale

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/10/29/frighteningly-strange-high-hee.html

4 Likes

Oh…awesome. Now I know what tonight’s nightmare fuel is. THANKS BOING BOING

13 Likes

“That’s it, that’s every pair of shoes in the shop! …unless you want to try The Cruel Shoes…”

26 Likes

Pity they added the extra spur above the heel. This would be more surreal and thus even more disturbing if it weren’t there.

9 Likes

“Or, if you don’t like those, we have Vibram Five Fingers”

“. . . actually, can I see the skin heels again?”

17 Likes

The level of squick this produces is impressive. They’re truly magnificent.

10 Likes

Oh no no no! You put little LEDs on the tips just in case nobody notices. Or a little motor and fishy fins.

Or …, or …

I see fashion gold here. You only have to get _any _ Kardashian to wear them once.

3 Likes

Not ‘frightening’, just fugly.

16 Likes

“The shoe is like when you are going to Chanel to get a wedding dress… The starting rate for the thigh-high is $10,000.”

Finally - a product every woman can relate to.

10 Likes

thank you, thank you. not many people remember that Steve Martin bit. usually when i quote it, i get blank stares.

7 Likes

please make it stop

SiliconE, dammit.

16 Likes

IKR?
(Or the SNL skit would have been about Conheads!)

2 Likes

wow, I never heard that before and had to google it

Do they sell them in everyone’s skin color? Should you be allowed to wear ones that don’t match your own color?

They would be in the uncanny valley without those plexiglass pieces, they ruin it for me.

6 Likes

it’s on his album “comedy is not pretty,” i believe.

4 Likes

Kind of weird how that gradient map starts out all mineral, but rapidly progresses to food items

10 Likes

They should have been made to look like a thick layer of horn or hoof or something. Unless “devil woman on a pedestal” was the real message?

Rosemary’s baby, all grown up and sprouting high-heeled feet.

1 Like