From the outside, it's impossible to tell if Trump is staging a coup or totally incompetent

QFT.

And http://home.cc.umanitoba.ca/~altemey/

1 Like

more like,

edit: i have to wash my scissors now

13 Likes

^this!

Don’t lean back and wait for this to blow over because trump is a idiot. He’s got exactly the right kind of idiocy to make a really fucking huge mess.

The only reason think-pieces like this, saying “don’t ascribe to malice”, are gonna help the outcome is if they prepare you to not rely on predictions of trump’s behaviour. He may surprise you by doing something completely unintelligent.

Functionally, I would ascribe him all the malice you can because he seems to be able to bumble his way into successes no intelligent person ever could replicate, even with all the planning in the world.

10 Likes

Reminds me of this joke:
A banker, a worker, a immigrant and a politician are sitting around a table with 10 cookies on it. Without warning the banker grabs 9 cookies and shoves them all in his mouth. Everybody looks perplexed and is silent for a second, then the politician leans over to the worker and says “Watch out, that immigrant is eyeing your cookie”.

30 Likes

I think it’s a mistake to view Trump voters as a monolithic voting bloc who all think and feel the same way. It’s a spectrum which certainly contains its share of fascists and bigots, but some of those people were Obama voters in the previous two elections prior to Trump.

5 Likes

Coup - or temper tantrum from an incompetent that doesn’t actually know how to do his job. Walking the walk is SO different from talking the talk.

Either way, it doesn’t bode well for the rest of us.

3 Likes

Possibly - “Which way should I act if I want to get re-elected?” is a thought that is probably happening a lot right now…

Remember, kids, anyone that asks for power shouldn’t be trusted. (well, it’s a good baseline)

3 Likes

I have to take issue with the idea that the Democrat’s problem is that they haven’t talked to the rural working class. Their problem is that they haven’t DONE very much for them. In the face of every increasing income inequality they have TALKED about how education and retraining is the answer. They aren’t. There are many reasons to support better education. Greater education can help the economic prospects of individuals, but it doesn’t do very much for the economic prospects of entire populations, it just means that jobs that used to require a HS degree now require a bachelor’s degree and the debt that it took to get one.

One of the few things that Obama managed to do for the working class was the ACA. And that was most successful for those covered by expanded medicaid in the states where that wasn’t blocked and for those who already had employer coverage. The exchanges are a Frankenstein’s monster “free market” solution that is already starting to fall apart in a storm or rising rates and reduced competition. The Republican governors managed to reduce support for the ACA by ensuring that their citizens didn’t get expanded medicaid coverage.

7 Likes

Sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from malice.

22 Likes

Considering Trump can now sit on his butt for the next four years and do nothing but tweet and make $400,000 salary, he is no idiot. A douchebag piece of shit, yes. But no idiot.

Wouldn’t you love a job sitting on your butt posting inflamatory tweets from crap you think up from garbage you read on Fox News (Republican propaganda organ, fake news) and make $400,000 a year for the next 4 years?

The only idiots are the half the Americans that voted for him. Let that sink in. At least half of Americans are political idiots. Probably more; probably most all of them. The same politically naive idiots that believed Hitler’s rubbish in the 30’s.

The anarchists tried to tell you loud and clear he was a P.O.S. and full of it, spouting pure rubbish, with no business acumen (he made his wealth by filing bankrupcy after bankrupcy), but you didn’t listen. You get the leader you deserve. The smart ones of us, ignore him like we ignore all idiots.

Now we know, you are all mostly idiots, we are going to start ignoring you and stop trying to tell you what we have been all along… the state is evil and corrupt; it can’t become anything but evil… in it’s very DNA as a bunch of grade school bullies trying to make you do what they want. Fight the state, don’t fight for it. No imaginary gods, no masters. You are the only one that can defend your freedom. Stop being cowards and fearing the state. It’s a delusion in your head and nothing more. It’s not real.

Our advice to you is to ignore Trump for the idiot he is and the lame duck President he will become. Stop talking about him. Stop caring about what he says or does. Even if you work in government, or the military, ignore his stupid ass and disregard what he says.

Turn him totally lame duck by nobody paying attention to him no more than you would your local windbag retard down at the bar. And you will be perfectly fine the next 4 years. No Armagedon, minimal damage.

More importantly, learn about self sovereignty. Learn about the crimes the US has commited through its history by watching Oliver Stone’s Untold History of the United States (it’s on Netflix and Piratebay). Read about individual anarchism.

Learn how to fight self proclaimed authority and hallway monitors. Realize you are smarter than most cops, who are nothing but small groups of thugs with radios, who only seem powerful because the go up against individuals (they fear gangs because they are no better than gangs strength wise). Watch judges and see that a lot of them are little children throwing tantrums.

The laws they force you to obey, they have a get out of free jail card so none of them apply to them… all a cop has to do is chose “bench trial”, and his buddy judge onvthe same team just scolds him and lets him go free. Not you; you chose bench trial you are automatically guilty. That none of you have realized this loophole over the last hundred years shows how completely stupid you are.

It is not your country, and it is not your group; it is not your Constitution; you didn’t make a single law. You aren’t part of their inner group. They are parasites like the Spartans over the Helots. Trump is not your leader. Stop thinking you are. Stop supporting the state, stop fighting for it, stop funding it, and most of all, stop fearing it. Hate it, fight it, undermine it, but never be a coward and fear and grovel to strangers and idiots simply because they appear to be authorities to you. You are your own authority. Never forget it. You have a right to be left alone, and an obligation to leave others alone.

Practice resistance, defiance, sedition, and revolution. It is the only way you will find real freedom.

1 Like

Coup de blah

Not so much bright people as dark souls, but yes. Folks like that can do good if they ascribe to a set of ethics and are surrounded by and encouraged by non-assholes.

yes, exactly. The ship has sailed on that one.

7 Likes

And this is what you choose to do with your freedom? You seem pretty stupid yourself.

3 Likes

I think you may need more practice, yes, but thanks for the ‘truth bombs’! A word of advice, nothing says listen to me me me me me quite like calling everyone else stupid.

19 Likes

It does seem like he’s running down his campaign promises and checking them off one by one with Executive Orders. Horrible promises but his supporters loved them.

3 Likes

That he now does what he told he would do is a talking point all over the world right now. Bavaria’s Horst Seehofer (who is the full-conservative / nationalist counterweight to Angela Merkel’s Third Way style politics in Germany’s ruling CDU/CSU party) recently voiced admiration for this, telling that the German way would have been to have at least three commissions for planning, drafting and executing those decrees (I paraphrase slightly). You can hear the same from the left side of the spectrum. Recently, I had the displeasure to hear the exact same “admiration” on a social gathering from fellow academics, all well-educated and definitely all with a European* liberal background.

This ain’t good. Nope. Nope. Nope. :octopus:
This narrative is, IMO, what’s driving us deeper in the shit with every referendum and election. Of course I am annoyed if politicians decide that something they told to do during a campaign is negotiable, and very angry if some promise I took as a premise for my vote is broken afterwards.

But that’s how democracy works. Only authoritarian states don’t compromise.
I think it’s time I curb my anger and try to communicate the idea that even foul compromises in a representative democracy are still better than head-of-state decrees in situations where no state of emergency or humanitarian crisis is imminent.

*(The word seems to be used differently in the US, hence the clarification.)

3 Likes

I am amused.

If you believe that the majority of Americans are incompetent political idiots, how can you seriously expect the other half to be capable to be enlightened, co-operative, radical but rational individual anarchists?

Because, you know, hospitals. Fire brigades. Basically every form of highly effective, organised social co-operation to the benefit of the weak, helpless, injured, challenged.

A revolution would be needed, indeed. I consider it more likely that libertarians build a functioning tax system and implement strict gun control measures than that individual anarchism has a chance of revolutionizing the USA now.

But the idea is still amusing.

8 Likes

Thanks for your first post in seven months, comrade!

I, for one, feel thoroughly provoked into action by your words. You are pretty good at this sort of thing; maybe you could find some sort of professional employment doing what you do so well…? Maybe an… I don’t know… Agent of provocation, or something? I dunno, just a thought.

By the way, those boots you are wearing sure do look rugged! Where did you get them?

ETA: Can I be the first person to coin the phrase “Agent Provocatroll”? Or is that already a thing? It’s so hard to keep up these days…

18 Likes

Isn’t that the entire discussion board at this point?

9 Likes
12 Likes

You thought I was kidding when I kept harping on Trump’s impotence? It’s his most defining trait.