Fuck Me

I said cornflower blue, and that is clearly periwinkle!!

(I can get specific as well, but it usually just makes situations more confusing :smiley: )

5 Likes

Dunno that this thread would get far is it wasn’t for topic drift. :thumbsup:
Far too many unwilling to give one about anyone other than themselves.

3 Likes

Funny you should post that; periwinkle was indeed my first thought.

However, @Snowlark specifically asked about colors that do not have pop culture references:

7 Likes

And this was my first thought when I read ‘cornflower blue’:

So many colors seem to have at least one pop culture reference these days. Even Pantone 292.

6 Likes

How about Viridian?

Or Ochre?

6 Likes

I swoon just for the word ‘viridian’, let alone all of the wonderful shades of green it suggests.

10 Likes

I spent the entire weekend at home. Again.

Dangit.

At least I got laundry and dishes (and waffles!) done, though not much else.

9 Likes

Now that’s the kind of FUCK ME that we need, true “why the fuck do I do the things I do?”

Wife’s been away for 5 days, I had a whole list of things I was going to get done and surprise her with. Guess how that turned out? Got 2 done today, she’s home tomorrow. FM.

11 Likes

Maybe for normal folks there is utility in this thread.

But I’d just like to say, that I’ve lived too long with self loathing, and that people that feel that way, had better be damned sure they earned it.

Life is too short, guys.

12 Likes

I can’t remember which comedian I was recently watching who said: “When I was a kid I learned the magic word was please. When I was a little older I learned the magic word was abracadabra. When I was a little older than that I learned that the two are never interchangable.”

11 Likes

Just revise your list. Tell her you got both things done!

13 Likes

Work impedes after stupid do nothing weekend. Life can be a waste of time at times.

3 Likes

So over the weekend we went to the shore. We had beers and oysters overlooking the harbor; shopped a while; headed down to the beach. The sun was relentless, but it just made the water that much nicer—chilled and rolling in waves perfect to wade in up to shoulder-height.

I relaxed like this for fifteen minutes or so, until I realized the water was not quite right for the phone in my pocket.

22 Likes

I like to think that most Boingers have the self-awareness and adjustment such that any self-loathing is ephemeral and in the meantime, an opportunity to invite others to poke fun at themselves. Hence this thread.

For those to whom this does not apply, I think your advice is sound. Good post.

9 Likes

That’s Demetri Martin. Guy’s hilarious, IMHO…

3 Likes

I was 70% that it was him. I’ve been watching a lot of standup recently.

5 Likes

FM for arguing with people on the internet. About football players. And for calling the other person in the argument a hypocrite and holier-than-thou. Both of which I still believe. But I could have lived with myself without saying either of those things or engaging them fruitlessly whatsoever.

Less this mea culpa be taken too much to heart, I was proud of writing the following:

I do not go around telling people what a good person I am (except to the extent that I go around telling people that I don’t go around telling people what a good person I am).

14 Likes

Grill fire. Grease, cheese, and bacon fat. Flashed-over and got my veggies covered with soot. No damage AFAIK. Except to dinner.

19 Likes

I kept forgetting my therapist appointments. My therapist talked to me about it, but I couldn’t think of any way to guarantee I won’t miss them other than just terminating my relationship with her so that there is nothing to miss. I’m so stupid.

17 Likes

Smart-phone? Auto-reminders?

6 Likes