Fuck Me

It’s so stuck in my head right now that I’m singing it–not to exorcise it from my memory but because I love that song. And I don’t like 99% of 80s music.

The modified version pipes through the vocal chords pretty easily, too. Trying to think of a good couple lines to close out that verse.

5 Likes

We were celebrating my mother in law’s birthday at a hot springs resort in the mountains outside of Tokyo this weekend. The cake was served in a karaoke box after dinner. Happy Birthday was on, but my next song was so bad I refused to sing any more. Later, we were watching 24 hour TV (like the old Jerry Lewis telethon) and a group of blind and deaf children did a great performance, singing and dancing …

9 Likes

Literacy? Negotiation? Consent?

Actually, consent really is one of my magic words, and much on par with the one to which I strongly suspect you’re alluding. I had brunch with a friend with which I’m more than a little bit in love. We’ve acknowledged that there’s a strong attraction for both of us, but we’re trying to figure out where to go with this and what it might look like when (if) we do. It reassured both of us when I noted that “Consent is one of my kinks.” (Oddly, I had never thought of it that way, but as it is something that I need to have explicitly, it certainly qualifies.)

11 Likes

Pffft… it’s obviously:

##:stars: :sparkle: :star2: Abracadabra!!! :stars: :sparkle: :star2:

*lolz

Truly, although “please” with a requisite ‘yes’ response works too.

:slight_smile:

12 Likes

In Reddit parlance this would be /r/tifu. Unlike the companion thread I’m hoping for something a bit less heavy in content here. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I consider that to be a short version of negotiation and consent, even where the specifics may be nebulous, but still at least somewhat within understandable parameters. (If a partner says ‘please’ in a hopeful voice while naked on the bed, at a minimum I’m safe assuming they don’t mean ‘can we go on a skiing trip to Austria next weekend.’ I would also not use such a minimalist version on a partner I didn’t already know well.)

Hmm. This may be the wrong thread for this, except the subject line may at least make it understandable.

7 Likes

Fair points.

Generally my partners of choice tend to be pretty specific about what it is they are asking permission for; which can be a huge turn on…

:wink:

7 Likes

I said cornflower blue, and that is clearly periwinkle!!

(I can get specific as well, but it usually just makes situations more confusing :smiley: )

5 Likes

Dunno that this thread would get far is it wasn’t for topic drift. :thumbsup:
Far too many unwilling to give one about anyone other than themselves.

3 Likes

Funny you should post that; periwinkle was indeed my first thought.

However, @Snowlark specifically asked about colors that do not have pop culture references:

7 Likes

And this was my first thought when I read ‘cornflower blue’:

So many colors seem to have at least one pop culture reference these days. Even Pantone 292.

6 Likes

How about Viridian?

Or Ochre?

6 Likes

I swoon just for the word ‘viridian’, let alone all of the wonderful shades of green it suggests.

10 Likes

I spent the entire weekend at home. Again.

Dangit.

At least I got laundry and dishes (and waffles!) done, though not much else.

9 Likes

Now that’s the kind of FUCK ME that we need, true “why the fuck do I do the things I do?”

Wife’s been away for 5 days, I had a whole list of things I was going to get done and surprise her with. Guess how that turned out? Got 2 done today, she’s home tomorrow. FM.

11 Likes

Maybe for normal folks there is utility in this thread.

But I’d just like to say, that I’ve lived too long with self loathing, and that people that feel that way, had better be damned sure they earned it.

Life is too short, guys.

12 Likes

I can’t remember which comedian I was recently watching who said: “When I was a kid I learned the magic word was please. When I was a little older I learned the magic word was abracadabra. When I was a little older than that I learned that the two are never interchangable.”

11 Likes

Just revise your list. Tell her you got both things done!

13 Likes

Work impedes after stupid do nothing weekend. Life can be a waste of time at times.

3 Likes

So over the weekend we went to the shore. We had beers and oysters overlooking the harbor; shopped a while; headed down to the beach. The sun was relentless, but it just made the water that much nicer—chilled and rolling in waves perfect to wade in up to shoulder-height.

I relaxed like this for fifteen minutes or so, until I realized the water was not quite right for the phone in my pocket.

22 Likes