Fucking NY Times

good point. it seems to have been drawn from this analysis ( and some real estate companies like red fin are mentioned too )

https://centerforpolitics.org/crystalball/articles/the-big-sort-continues-with-trump-as-a-driving-force/

i don’t really follow it all. they’re maybe looking at votes as a percentage of population per county, and seeing more counties over time which swing strongly in one direction or the other?

i only scanned it but they do seem to mention some of the racial dynamics which got lost in npr’s story

Compared to Trump’s strength in rural white America, Biden’s small array of super landslide counties in 2020 was rather eclectic. There were small, heavily Black counties in the Deep South, such as Macon County, Alabama (Tuskegee); predominantly Native American counties in the Upper Midwest; and academic-oriented communities such as Charlottesville, Virginia.

yeah. :confused: they did mention that family that moved to austin felt threatened but glossed over those considerations in favor of the “my team” idea

4 Likes