Oh oh I know this answer–

https://twitter.com/DougJBalloon

The New York Times Pitchbot on Twitter.

1 Like
3 Likes

6 Likes
8 Likes

#The New Yorks Times is Bad for America#

https://m.dailykos.com/stories/2023/1/20/2148287/-The-New-York-Times-is-bad-for-America

4 Likes

daily beast has this

anyway, the nytimes obit is really quite long and detailed. I guess some people have the eternal question-- why was Crosby’s musical career so interrupted? Me I’m just thankful for his musically productive periods.

3 Likes

Archive version: archive.ph

4 Likes
14 Likes

although journalists never follow that one even though they claim otherwise - but surely not “lied to by foreign agent.”

9 Likes
24 Likes

“How coordinated was the effort in that New York field office to pump up the ultimate nothingburger about Clinton’s emails while poo-pooing the very real evidence of Russian interference on Trump’s behalf, and who were the agents behind it? What was the role, if any, of McGonigal and his international web of intrigue? Was the now-tainted McGonigal a source who told the New York Times that fateful October that Russia was not trying to help Trump win the election — before the U.S. intelligence community determined the exact opposite? If not McGonigal, just who was intentionally misleading America’s most influential news org, and why?“

“As a veteran journalist, I find the Times’ role in this fiasco — although likely an unwitting one — deeply disturbing. To be sure, the 2016 FBI leaks weren’t the first time a major news organization has been burned by anonymous law enforcement sources, and regrettably it probably won’t be the last. Media critics have been talking for years about the Times’ flawed coverage, and how its near certainty that Clinton would win and a desire to show its aggressiveness toward a future president seems to have skewed its coverage.

It’s not only that America’s so-called paper of record has never apologized for its over-the-top coverage of the Clinton emails or the deeply flawed story about the FBI Trump-Russia probe. It’s that the Times has shown a stunning lack of curiosity about finding out what went wrong. In May 2017, or just seven months after Trump’s election, the paper ended the position of public editor, an independent journalist who was embedded in the newsroom to cover controversies exactly like these.

Publisher Arthur Sulzberger said the rise of social media meant the public could now raise such questions. OK, those questions are being raised. When can we expect answers? (I’ve sent a Twitter direct message to one of the coauthors of the 2016 FBI-Trump-Russia article, Eric Lichtblau, and attempted connecting with the other, Steven Lee Myers, and I’ll let you know if I hear back.)“

https://archive.ph/cqern

12 Likes
7 Likes

THE WORST THING WE READ THIS WEEK: Why Is the New York Times So Obsessed With Trans Kids?

11 Likes
11 Likes

yikes. “takes on the establishment.” how about steamrolls, or destroys education full stop.

npr has also has a problematic headline, if less glowing then the nyt. “overhaul” is painfully neutral. the story itself is slightly better, though they still don’t address any of the implications of his actions

8 Likes

11 Likes
15 Likes
5 Likes

discovered this in the premium sports section.

not a section I subscribe too, but alongside the present stories about Florida demanding menstrual data from teenage athletes, it’s a little suspicious.

3 Likes
10 Likes