Fucking NY Times

12 Likes

Well, Isaac, I bitterly resent discovering that in addition to being a sex pest and a mysoginst you were also a homophobe. Luckily, I had already written you off for the former, but the latter is a real cherry on top of your legacy!

Rest in permanence

9 Likes

FWIW

https://www.reddit.com/r/asimov/comments/klaul5/lgbt_characters_and_mallow/

3 Likes

NSFW…

7 Likes

13 Likes

but of course they do. They can’t not! The New York Times has a clear from-the-top agenda of demonizing all treatment for trans people, and trans people themselves. The questions THEY KEEP ASKING JUST ASKING QUESTIONS are answerable, but they aren’t interested in hearing them.

9 Likes

In one of the strangest calls for bipartisan — or maybe transpartisan? — unity we’ve ever seen, the New York Times (gift link) yesterday offered an op-ed by Jon Shields, a history prof at the very very conservative Claremont McKenna College, arguing that if liberals in academe would like to help save America, then liberal professors should “rescue the GOP” — by becoming mentors to bright young conservative students and by teaching courses on conservative thought. This, Shields argues, would be good not only for the students and for conservatism, but also for universities and American politics.

15 Likes

Liberal profs: “We sent you two boats and a helicopter.”

17 Likes

At this point I recommend we send them a naval battle group, for their unconditional surrender.

11 Likes

I get a feeling that if they did teach actual conservative thought, they wouldn’t recognize it.

“When do we get to the part about rounding up our enemies and people who make us uncomfortable and putting them into camps?”

“Wrong class - that’s the history of fascism next term. In this class we’re talking about sticking to policies that worked a century ago like they are brand new ideas.”

13 Likes

Course title “How to be on the wrong side of history every fucking time and still not feel bad about it.”

13 Likes

I’m available to teach the New York Times about transphobia.

13 Likes

Good GIF

8 Likes

you wouldn’t want the young conservatives imprinting on a liberal prof who might infect them with postmodernism

… in a kind of second Southern Strategy, the Republicans have co-opted postmodernism

The Dems are ready to go back to the New Deal

9 Likes

10 Likes
9 Likes

This is my rule for when people talk about political and non-political, and it works every time. I wish it didn’t.

Political is changing things and “people” don’t like change (Shut up, you don’t count!)

Non-political is the status quo. Nice, quiet and peaceful for everyone (Quiet! I told you to shut up! Stop being political!)

11 Likes

well fuck

7 Likes

and sent them a warning memo.

if i were a reporter, that’s the kind of thing i’d frame and display proudly at my desk

7 Likes
8 Likes