Fully intact Burger King discovered behind wall at Delaware shopping mall

that’s not plaaaastiiiiiiiic

3 Likes

Dunno, BK has really been on a retro kick for the last 5+ years. A few other franchises (looking at you, Pizza Hut) have been jumping on the bandwagon lately. Is it possible that particular Burger King has been recently (w/in the last decade) been redecorated to go with that retro chic design?

1 Like

That video looks like they are collecting supplies from that location to use in other locations.

It might not be so abandoned, which might explain the lack of dust.

4 Likes

Perhaps the historians can date this franchise by finding evidence of which BK mascot is on their merch.

boogerkink

4 Likes

I swear I’ve seen this lost and found fast food decor on BB before; an abandoned Mickey D in Alaska perhaps? Something from the Seth Lawless collection?

I worked just down the road in 1982-1983.

So I probably ate there, unless it was built after that.

It’s not so much fun having your not-so-distant-past described as “vintage”!

7 Likes

1 Like

They might be able to ironically rehabilitate the Burger King himself, but if you want to see the real rot you have to look at what they keep hidden, like Burger Princess Michael of Kent.

1 Like

“The one that’s OK with us kids.”

Well, someone had to be.

1 Like

Artist’s representation of the Burger King’s discoverer:

6 Likes

You have to make sure those fake walls are hidden very well though…

3 Likes

Because I have not to a Burger King in almost a decade, this just looks like all the locations I remember from before.

1 Like

What’s with all the fucking cursing, man? Shit!

1 Like

…and before that, it was Burger Emperor (Imperator Burgorum). If you had a birthday party, you used to get these cardboard laurel wreaths, and the staff aprons were cut to look like togas.

2 Likes
4 Likes

… and a junior staff member stood behind you and whispered “remember, you are mortal” in your ear every two minutes or so.

6 Likes

…or “Finish your plate. I know a poor Carthaginian who would be glad to have a meal like that!”

2 Likes

I remember that 70’s mascot, but for some reason I thought he had a droopy mustache, and and was more pear-shaped.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.