Giant fake McDonalds poster still up in restaurant 51 days after being sneaked onto the wall

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/09/03/giant-fake-mcdonalds-poster-st.html

11 Likes

For an eternity, Rob.
For all eternity.

12 Likes

Thats nice.
Good one, lads.

13 Likes

Cool: What a creative, non-harmful prank!

Not Cool: At McDonald’s?

12 Likes

If I was a smart exec at McDonalds, I’d thank them and get on the phone to the art department for similar diverse images to match the demographics in each McDonalds location.

But I’m not.

34 Likes

Nice!  

4 Likes

Hardee’s used to have those plastic three d’ish characters on the wall back in the day. We stuck a hamburger in ones open mouth - it stayed there a week before they tracked down the smell. Such scamps.

Climbed on the roof & stole the Taco Bell too.

18 Likes

A looooong time ago, I came across some inspired guy’s website which had a bunch of similar pranks on it. My fave was his nicely printed, laminated and folded fake menus for one of the major fast food chains. These contained several unusual food items for diners to peruse and potentially order.

All I can remember from this distant remove in time is that one of the items was asterisked with the note “WARNING: may contain dog blood.”

This guy, whomever he was, snuck these menus onto tables at his local outlet. Genius. I don’t remember the rest.

Wish I did.
Wish we had that internet back.
Wish I had me some dog blood right now.

ETA: Found it! He called himself cockeyed.com. That’s my evening’s reading taken care of!

19 Likes

A friend and I altered a Checker’s sign to “WE SMOKIN CHICKEN” once.

11 Likes

Back when McD’s was promoting something called the Big-n-Tasty, a sign near me got changed to say The Big Nasty.

Somehow.

17 Likes

I can score you thimble of Pure Bred Chihuahua for the right price.

5 Likes

Wow! You just tipped us all to a little mine of internet gold, I tells ya!

2 Likes

Well, that’s Late-stage Capitalism for you. Consumers so programmed for the product that they make their own advertisement. Well done, lads. Two cheers. How do you like being slaves to the machine?

2 Likes

Reminds me of the time i sneaked some stick-on googly eyes onto some of the framed pictures in a local pub (think reasonably decent livestock pictures and victorian-ish sort of people pictures)

They were still there months later :smiley:
Wether they just missed them or the staff just found them amusing and left them i’ll never know :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Funny, that was our nickname for that sandwich when I was working there back in the early aughts.

4 Likes

There’s also Obvious Plant, who has been trolling corporate overlords like Walmart and Costco for some time now, his pranks always make me lol

14 Likes

Its still sold here in Germany and the name “Big Nasty” fits, I absolutely hate the sauce they use on that thing.
I hencefort shall use that new name.

1 Like

It is indeed a giant McDonald’s poster. But it isn’t fake.

2 Likes

Why would they take it down? These guys just created a big poster for them, for free.

Photographer, models, ad department, sign-offs, printing? That would cost tens of thousands of dollars for sure.

2 Likes

Détournement is officially over.