McDonald's will not be making burgers called "Ron's Creamy Surprise" or "Rektal Prolapse"

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/07/22/mcdonalds-will-not-be-making.html

4 Likes

With so many past failures of this sort I am amazed that companies still try this sort of thing…

25 Likes

I called my burger the “Men’s Rights Meltdown”

19 Likes

14 Likes

I really wanted that to be the “HamBurgler” in the image.

8 Likes

There’s a nice, mostly G-rated selection available here:

How tragic, that our society can no longer convey such concepts as girth and creamy surprises without being seen as X-rated. Or something.

[quote=“TobinL, post:2, topic:81986, full:true”]With so many past failures of this sort I am amazed that companies still try this sort of thing…[/quote]There’s still no such thing as bad publicity, I presume.

7 Likes

Those are all pretty distasteful… no “Burger McBurgerface” in the mix, though?

12 Likes

I tried to make the Whopper, but got disconnected. Then Ronald came to my house and rang the doorbell. As I opened the door, he said only “Do I look like some kind of clown to you?”

We laughed and laughed after that, then went out for hookers and blow, as I had none at home.

28 Likes

One of the things I hate so much about 21st century internet so far is how companies still want to create a manicured illusion of public participation and commentary - despite being mostly revulsed by what the public has to say. FFS, make up your mind.

It might sound regressively “get off my lawn” to say that I preferred the 1990s internet, but it’s because I think that the 1990s internet was actually more progressive than the current version.

15 Likes

Wooh! Finally get to make me a McDowell’s Big Mick.
Fuck Sesame Seeds.

5 Likes

Gotta admit, the “Atheists Delight” made me giggle:

6 Likes

I can almost picture “Rektal Prolapse”. . . always served with plenty of catsup, and messy to eat because the bun is on the inside.

1 Like
1 Like

So just another typical day on the internet?

3 Likes

You mean a corporation asked the internet to publish stuff to their website…and then were surprised by unmoderated bad behavior?

Shocked.

4 Likes

Of course it was. Look who was using it. Almost everybody in my small address list was either an academic or an engineer.

3 Likes

Ok, this is totally immature and not at all anything even resembling socially responsible behavior, but am I the only one who generally tries to be a good person, but still gets one hell of a giggle at these idiotic and offensive pranks? Like when 4chan bombarded the mtn dew naming contest and got “hitler did nothing wrong” up to 1st place. Super offensive, but I took it as a jab against the bad contest moderation/planning rather than an anti-semitic statement of support.

Horrible. Offensive. Kinda hilarious in a naughty schoolboy way.

Also, “Rektal prolapse”? HA!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.