Burger King hosts yet another user-generated content contest, proving they've learned nothing

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/02/10/burger-king-hosts-yet-another-user-generated-content-contest-proving-theyve-learned-nothing.html

3 Likes

It’s got a pretty good list of possible ingredients, so doesn’t stop you from making something truly foul!

Ingredients

• KIMCHI
  • BLUE CHEESE
  • DURIAN
  • ICE CREAM
  • HUMMUS
  • BRUSSEL SPROUTS
  • YOGURT
  • OYSTERS

4 Likes

With 8 ingredients, there’s only 256 combos too, so it’s not like the most creative is going to win.

This is suckering people to log in and use the app. They learned everything.

11 Likes

Viral marketing, how does that work?

5 Likes

Should’ve at least allowed some Gelbe vom Ei selections:

3 Likes

I wonder where the filtering is. I’ve had success on websites like this by just opening the network tab, seeing what they’re sending to ChatGPT, editing it, and having it reply back with something ridiculous.

If they’ve locked it down, though, it goes to another server that contacts the LLM server side, so you can’t do this.

Not going to sign up to check it out.

2 Likes

Due to region locking, I can’t see the rules, but I don’t think so.

256 is 2^8. If you were selecting from a list of 8 ingredients, and for each ingredients you had the choice to include or exclude it, then you get 2^8 combinations. (But that includes the boring burger which excludes all 8 ingredients.)

Based on other posts, I’m guessing the competition involves selecting 8 ingredients (or perhaps up to 8 ingredients) from a much longer list of possible ingredients. That gives a much larger range of options.

1 Like

don’t forget garnishes such as
fish-shaped crackers
fish-shaped candies
fish-shaped solid waste
fish-shaped dirt
fish-shaped ethyl benzene

Looks like you can do it from the website, without logging in, so no need to install and register on an app if you just want to play with it. Burger King

It checks each ingredient as you type it, could take a few seconds before accepting or rejecting if it’s uncommon. “Coconut pecan frosting” it took a second to reject, “coconut frosting” it took four seconds to reject. Ingredients are freeform - maximum number is eight, possible ingredients is unknown, anything food-related you can put in that the system will recognize.

1 Like

I love Brussels sprouts.

Hummus, sprouts and blue cheese hamburger sounds pretty good. I could make it at home, actually.

3 Likes

I’d go for something milder, like brie, and add some basalmic vinegar.

Stilton and sprouts sounds good to me.

Me too. Only without the stodgy hamburger bun. Lose that.

1 Like

Balsamic is good. Runny honey is also good with cheese.

Or about Wensleydale and apple cake.

0bef90f0-dbd9-4663-a2e9-2143d581781f_text

1 Like

Fischstäbchen und Apfelmus

Ah, that combination made famous by that German TV show, Herr Doktor Wer!

2 Likes

I dunno. A few years ago it seemed every TV recipe had balsamic vinegar. There are lots of other vinegars. Balsamic is overused and used in the wrong places. It’s too sweet for everyday use.

I picked it specifically because it’s sweeter, but not as sweet (and has another dimension) as jam, or honey.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.