Challenge: Eat 'biggest burger' in Bangkok, a 10,000-calorie monstrosity

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/31/challenge-eat-biggest-burge.html

3 Likes

Nine minutes ?! I could barely finish off a standard restaurant burger in that time scale.

14 Likes

Needs more french fries.

10 Likes

My GI tract hurts just thinking about it, and I’m a pretty big dude.

8 Likes

Nope! No. No, I would not.

11 Likes

It is a job for Kinoshita San!

5 Likes

Are you really eating a “burger” if you pull it apart and consume each individual layer of topping by itself?

4 Likes

That is a literal bust your gut amount of food.

3 Likes

Yeesh, it’s not just the burger: you’ll need an entire onion, full head of lettuce, a couple of tomatoes, 3-4 cups of ketchup, equal amount of mustard, and a pound of sliced cheese.

So, a mild lunch?

3 Likes

I knew someone who might – at an earlier point in his life – been able to pull it off. He once ate two whole chickens cooling on the counter then asked his wife what was for dinner.

He wasn’t a big guy, but had an extremely physical job that burned a lot of calories. He was one of those people who made buffet meals extremely cost-effective – for him, not the restaurant.

11 Likes

I was interested right up until I read “mayonnaise”. Nope. Deal’s off unless they agree to hold the mayo.

2 Likes

I did a challenge like this when I was 24.

It was only a 3 pound patty. 1 pound of bread. Bunch of cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion. I reckon by the time we were done it was a bit under half this size. No fries though. Only 1 per person for the challenge.

I got down to about 3 bites left in just shy of 8 minutes. We had 10, and I was going to barf if I took another bite. Finished up finally in 13 after a 5 minute break.

Anyways I never went back there again. The shame of failure was too great.

7 Likes

That “Fuck Prayuth” shirt is quite daring, I wonder if that guy will get in trouble for that if the video gets international attention. (Some people were charged for sedition over the same shirt pre-election, don’t know about now).

3 Likes

There’s no way that thing is only 10000 calories.

2 Likes

“Eat ‘biggest burger’ in Bangkok”

Is that a euphemism for something?

1 Like

7 layer dip

1 Like

nearly 13 pound burger patty with fried onion rings, bacon and mayonnaise.

What, no mustard?

9 Likes

MONSTERS!

Somebody is missing baby cow.

4 Likes

That’s no burger …

10 Likes

I was on a press junket for a film in a weird subdivision hotel place thing outside of Dallas that had high rise hotels in the middle of nowhere and frickin’ canals and gondolas and shit (and/or maybe I was high and imagining it all) but I do recall one evening there, in one of their many restaurants, trying to eat a multi-pound porterhouse steak which was touted as:

“If you can finish it - it’s free!”

• and almost (almost) making it all the way through before learning the true lesson of the entire endeavour which was:

“What the fuck were you thinking?!”

Regardless - - - consumption is not a competition. Stop it with that shit.

6 Likes