Challenge: Eat 'biggest burger' in Bangkok, a 10,000-calorie monstrosity

That works out to a quarter pounder every ten seconds.

3 Likes

Now I just need to learn Japanese

1 Like

She has some vídeos with subtitles in english.

2 Likes

Ugh. Few things disgust me as much as competitive eating- even if the only competition is against a time limit. I actually kind of love the burger itself, though. It’s like the opposite of those adorable tiny burgers people make for their hamsters, and I’d absolutely eat it… over a few days, with help from one or two other people.

3 Likes

Maybe a Sumo wrestler might get the better of it. Or perhaps ypu could put it in a blender and just drink it. Because there is no way you are gonna chew that thing in 9 minutes.

2 Likes

I’d give it the ole’ college try.

If you pull a meat burger apart into its individual layers, does it then become a meta-burger? Hmmm.

5 Likes

Finally - Americans can obtain a decent snack in a foreign country!

2 Likes

A 10 megacalorie food item is not a “snack”.

I know that if you pull a burger into an infinite number of pieces, you can reassemble them into two burgers.

I did once win the office chicken wing-eating contest (19 of them), but this burger includes too much bread.

2 Likes

Sounds like you might be considering the challenge!

1 Like

The monster sized versions never look as tasty or well prepared, but the people eating them don’t seen to slow down enough to notice things like taste. :nauseated_face:

1 Like

You and I have different definitions of “failure,” my friend. The headline here should be “I ate a 4-plus pound burger in 13 minutes once”–to which I say BRAVO.

1 Like

Bangkok, our table they’re setting
And the waiter he knows it’s a burger we’re getting
The creme de la creme of fast food
With a plate of everything for our dinner.

Time files, I’ve only got nine minutes
To polish off this bun and all the meat that’s in it
Insane, but don’t you know that when you
Eat at this level there’s no ordinary menu

It’s the heart attack grill, or the Texas State Fair, or Coney Island, or
Or this place!

One night in Bangkok gives you indigestion
Finish your burger, get another free
Arteries are furring and there’s hypertension
Better call an ambulance for table three
There’s a paramedic waiting there for me

9 Likes

Agreed. The “10,000” from the 10,000 baht prize may have gotten stuck in the brain. Per my math, the hamburger meat alone would be ~16,600 calories. The 10 onion rings (most larger than normal) must be ~600 calories. The ~10 bacon (?) strips add ~500 calories. Total (not including the fatty cooking oil, bun, cheese, sauces, etc.) would be 17,700 calories.

2 Likes

perfect “One Night in Bangkok” filk

This really deserves a lot more likes than it got.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.