Trencherwoman eats giant burger in under 10 minutes

[Read the post]

1 Like

This should be an Olympic sport, but only in America. The Americalympics. The rest of y’all are not even invited, you’d probably bring them French snails or something.

9 Likes

I dunno man. I had a couple of Japanese friends that could put away food like no one else, and they were pretty skinny guys. They could casually eat a ton of food and make it seem like no big deal.

Also i doubt i could finish all of that food, but on a good hungry day i think i’d totally love to give it a whirl.

PS: I’ve never heard the term Trencherwoman. Had to look that up.

2 Likes

Aaaaaannnnnndddddd now I have a new fetish, thanks BoingBoing!

7 Likes

Kate Ovens? Nominative determinism much?

12 Likes

now i need to go throw up.

5 Likes

Wasn’t that a punk song ca. 1977?

1 Like

One of my favorite meme images…

34 Likes

Competitive eating has to be like the most first world competitive event ever. “WATCH ME SCARF DOWN ALL THIS FOOD, STARVING KIDS AROUND THE WORLD! THIS IS WHAT BEING ON TOP LOOKS LIKE!”

13 Likes

OMG I’ve found Trump’s running mate.

1 Like

I burned a hundred dollars once. A guy dared me. He was a four-flusher. He burned a fifty, I burned a hundred. He burned a twenty, I burned another hundred.

4 Likes

“Competitive Eating”

Obviously, seriously, this is a thing (for quite a while).

What does that say about us as a species?

There is something to be said about out-consuming one’s litter-mates, but eating 10x or 20x one’s daily caloric requirements at one sitting?

I for one welcome our robot overlords (as long as they don’t consume 20 kilocalories in petrochemicals on a daily basis).

7 Likes

Competitive eating predates our First World plenitude. In Ricky Jay’s Learned Pigs and Fireproof Women, he tells stories of e.g. a soldier in Napoleon’s army who obviously had severely unhelpful gut flora. The army had put this soldier on quadruple rations, but any chance he got he’d go roaming the streets for stray cats and dogs to eat.

5 Likes

no doubt, it just seems kind of shitty is all. And I get that stopping competitive eating won’t solve world hunger (its not like the choice is sending aid or holding an eating competition), it just perpetuates the image that America and it’s allies are total assholes.

Douglas Adams should have thought of this profession, as another example for B ark travellers.

1 Like

They never mention the darker side of competitive eating, like what happens afterward.

Do they spend the next 6 hours in agonizing meat sweats and restless twilight sleep? Do they just purge themselves at the nearest flush toilet / gutter / parking lot, and if not, do they shit themselves to near death a few hours afterwards?

Also, I can’t imagine, but the sodium intake must be massive. How do they keep their hearts from exploding out of their chests?

17 Likes

It’s in Newcastle, I’d have thought that they would have used the Geordieloo (created because someone thought that a phall just wasn’t a hot enough curry).

@GilbertWham, do they still make Geordieloos up there?

1 Like

I am fascinated and horrified.

3 Likes

I have many of these same questions. Most specifically, if they don’t puke, what happens if it reaches, erm, the other exit?

1 Like

18 Likes