Furries respond to a bigoted mayor by helping fund Ridgeland, Mississippi's library

Originally published at: Furries respond to a bigoted mayor by helping fund Ridgeland, Mississippi's library | Boing Boing

14 Likes

Pledged! When I was a teen, the North York Public Library was where I could go and learn about all the things “grown-ups” didn’t want to talk to me about or that I was too shy or awkward to ask about. I have always been incredibly thankful that the Library was there, both in terms of interesting fiction leading me to worlds I would otherwise not have explored and their extensive nonfiction sections, which provided fact-based answers to many of those questions I had.

29 Likes

Yay GIF

15 Likes

200-5

12 Likes

How is it legal for the Mayor to withhold tax dollars from a public library? I know we vote where our tax dollars go in my town and if I voted for library, those dollars better go to the library!

19 Likes

“All the furries ponied up” lol
Love the story

19 Likes

Furries understand the concept of “community” more than this fascist mayor ever will.

21 Likes

Voting where your dollars are spent is an anomaly; a good one, but still rare. The closest we get is a tick-box on our tax return that asks if you want to donate $2 of your return to the library system.

4 Likes

It is not, and this was stated in several articles covering the story. The mayor, like most rightwing asshats, feels that laws are for peons, not big, important, white, Christian men like him.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.