Furries raise nearly $100K for a library to fight a book-banning mayor

Originally published at: Furries raise nearly $100K for a library to fight a book-banning mayor | Boing Boing

17 Likes

I really like Furries. They’re a bit wacky but all the ones I have met have been just as fluffy on the inside and they always seem to do good stuff like this. Good work, fuzzybutts!

38 Likes

Who’s a good boy? You’re a good boy!!!

27 Likes

Really glad to see this news, not that i doubted for a second that the library wouldnt be able to meet their fundraising goal :smile_cat:

12 Likes

Good folks doing good things.

16 Likes

First you ban books,
then you burn books,
then you burn people.
~ Alsep Bahar Moridamus

8 Likes

Feel the power of the Fists of Furry. :heart_eyes:

14 Likes

Now if only someone could crowdfund an effort to get the law-breaking mayor frogmarched into a prison cell… But unfortunately, it seems some things are impossible in America…

3 Likes

Good for them; the furries are alright…

10 Likes

On the topic of banned books. I went to my library’s e-book app to look for Maus and it wasn’t there anymore. However I found out that this wasn’t because they banned it, but that the publisher made them remove it to force people to buy it…

2 Likes

Pitchfork Music Festival GIF by Pitchfork

8 Likes

One does not want to incur the wrath of…Furry Vengeance!

5 Likes

Serious business!

Furries Furry Suit GIF by 60 Second Docs

5 Likes

You can say what you like about this fucked up timeline, but it’s certainly not boring. :grin:

3 Likes

That’s kind of messed up. What about people who can’t afford to buy the book? Pure greed.

2 Likes

Well… The Xtian Taliban here in the USofA has so far done the first two…

Be prepared to fight hard when they decide it’s time to start in to #3.

2 Likes

I hope the new library names the LGBTQ section after the mayor.

3 Likes

I wonder what great things the library will do when the funds are eventually advanced and they have $111k more than they had budgeted.

2 Likes

Fun stuff :smiley: But just in case people didn’t know this, we do this kind of stuff all the time with numerous charities and causes. A lot of them are less well known and could use love too, but every now and again one of them turns out to get picked up by some broader agencies, especially when it comes to the right’s “culture war” or similar.

4 Likes

Oh wow. I know him.

firefox_M9eHezbs6i

5 Likes