Game camera modded to show slight perspective change when turning head. Beautiful immersion or vomitous oversimulation?

The jerkiness of the video obscures the visual impact of the mod.

Just make it an adjustable parameter. If you like it, great. If not, then don’t use it. Best solution for everyone. Kind of like inverted mouse.

BTW, VR games should all also have an adjustable parameter for the distance between the eyes.

1 Like

Thanks! Apparently I don’t know how to click “show more” under a Youtube description. Doh!

Yeah, that one drives me crazy. I started playing Elder Scrolls Online late last year, and the head bobbing was making me queasy all the time. I finally went into the settings and figured out how to turn it off (also improves frame rate, which was a bonus). We’re biologically adapted to ignore such things. Good info about immersion and realism, thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Depending on the set you use this is done mechanically by adjusting the lenses. Some i think do it via software but my memory is hazy on that point. Still people that fall well outside the common parameters of distance between eyes are usually unable to be accommodated so they have to get sets that have a better range of adjustment for the lenses.

I think the “corrected” perspective model looked better. Then again, in FPSes, I’m hardly ever just standing in one place looking around. And when I do, it’s usually whipping around to spot the nearest enemy, not slowly taking in the scenery around me. But I would try this to see if it made a difference in the games I play.

45 posts and no video link? You all are slacking. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.