Gary Larson quietly brings back 'The Far Side' after 25 years away

42 Likes

This one has always cracked me up…

34 Likes

Yes. I just added it to my feedly, so I would assume it would be searchable on other platforms.

5 Likes

24 Likes

37 Likes

I don’t see one

“school for the gifted” was the term during Larson’s generation. in my day, it was the somewhat less pompous “academic magnet high school,” which I attended; Nashville’s Hume-Fogg.
a xerox of this cartoon was taped onto the wall of the front office. “Midvale” had been whited out and replaced with “Hume-Fogg,” naturally.

9 Likes

Yeah, that vulture one cracks me up every. single. time.

4 Likes

A theme emerging?

23 Likes

I use the old Feedly app (despise the new one that’s trying to monetize everything). What link do you use as it only finds a “scraped” feed that doesn’t have the new stuff

My all-time favourite:

15 Likes

I’m also using the free Feedly, and yeah, it looks like it is just scraping the website and finding the old comics. Dang. I’m sorry, I got hopes up.

Yeah, but those 3 regular chromabomb comics celebrate the 3000th podcast. Just kidding. I’m waiting 'til I get it while Andrews-McMeel get the CPM and permalinks dialed in for object-oriented Cow-Tools as a service; CTaaS.

6 Likes

He is only in his sixties. He was in his twenties when he started The Far Side.

6 Likes

This is the Platonc Ideal of the concept of the cartoon.

8 Likes

Gary Larson today!
Bill Watterson tomorrow?

7 Likes

I think this is as close as we’re going to get:

10 Likes

5 Likes

Hmmm, making me rethink my love of jerk seasoning :wink:

5 Likes

I think the updated version would have the sprinkle lid popping off and the contents just pouring out.

6 Likes