Gay teen testifying to discrimination at a School Board meeting is shouted at by awful adults

Originally published at: Gay teen testifying to discrimination at a School Board meeting is shouted at by awful adults | Boing Boing

6 Likes

r a parent at the meeting asked if her daughters were even “protected” at the school since they are white.

Translation: Can my little shitgoblin continue to hurl slurs and otherwise bully people I’ve told her are lesser than her?

46 Likes

Who ever shouted “This is the indoctrination.” needs slapped.

30 Likes

Hard.

14 Likes

I live a couple towns over from Franklin and worked there for most of a decade. Can confirm they have an excellent crop of progressive signs adorning the yards of civic minded residents who are proudly raising straight, white, all-american children. From personal experience, their progressivism does not survive first contact with difference of any sort.

20 Likes

Okay, do we need to have thugs in blue uniforms to drag adults out of these kinds of meetings now?

Or do we just need adults with the balls to throw these kinds of parents out?

It’s shameful the way these adults shout down a child attempting to explain basic logic to them.

Looks like the board was very clearly sending the message to the poor girl that they are too chickenshit to protect anyone from malicious adult violence or the violence of their peers.

Disgusting, and pathetic. I hope all the bad shit in the world happens to those adults.

27 Likes

King said it really well:

This applies for black people and their civil rights, obviously.

But it also is the same damn story when it comes to gay rights, and trans rights, and people with disabilities, neurodiverse people.

The white liberals are the worst fucking allies ever because they’re just wearing the T-shirt. They’ll take it off the moment another white person asks them to stop.

42 Likes

34 Likes

They’ve stopped saying the bad words, at least out loud. They’d never do anything to hurt any of those people, after all, they’re just like that, you know. I mean, as long as they keep in line, of course.

Wow that hurt to type. Do I need a /s tag? I wish it was obvious, but then again I’ve lived through the last several years.

18 Likes

Yes.  

8 Likes

I’ve seen school board videos with cops enforcing things. Well, “enforcing” is a strong word. They do the job but not the way they would if they agreed with what they were doing.

3 Likes

“Cant you see I’m banging my gavel?”

Decorum only works for people who respect decorum.

13 Likes

tumblr_a0f13d3cdbe85cea984ec192db2bbdd8_4f76a473_540

31 Likes

I’ll drink to that!
cheers, mate! :cocktail:

12 Likes

“Is my daughter even protected?”
“Is your daughter being bullied for her whiteness?”

18 Likes

Clearly the most effective way to demonstrate that gay students aren’t being harassed is to shout them down when they claim they’ve been harassed… :confused:

29 Likes

Again, this disruption isn’t random. It’s…

16 Likes

Intersectionality is the way forwards

What I’m referring to does not respect the binary structure of gender. Recognizing that the contribution of non-binary communities is so important, not only in pointing out the concrete issues that we need to address, and of course many of us already know that, Black trans women constitute the target of racist violence more consistently than any other community. We’re talking about, State violence, we’re talking about individual violence, stranger violence, intimate violence.

So if we want to develop an intersectional perspective, the trans community is showing us the way. And we can’t only point to, and we need to point, to cases such as the murder of Tony McDade, for example. But we need to go beyond that and recognize that we support the trans community precisely because this community has taught us how to challenge that which is totally accepted as normal. And I don’t think we would be where we are today—encouraging ever larger numbers of people to think within an abolitionist frame—had not the trans community taught us that it is possible to effectively challenge that which is considered the very foundation of our sense of normalcy. So if it is possible to challenge the gender binary, then we can certainly, effectively, resist prisons, and jails, and police.

Angela Davis (Twitter comments are a shitshow, as should be expected)

I remember reading something about how BLM doesn’t need white allies, it needs white accomplices. That is true for any liberation movement.

20 Likes

Re: Florida man,
Yes, leave the bottle bar keep,
Thanks~

6 Likes

Indeed.

I just assumed everyone here is aware of the fact of intersectionality.

Maybe I shouldn’t assume.

14 Likes