Gendered objectification

At least they didn’t have googly-eyes on them.

7 Likes

4 Likes

Oh geeezzz…but that made me think of this:
https://thedirty.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/madconcert.jpg

2 Likes

Excellent, thanks for adding that.

3 Likes

Thanks for taking the time. <3

5 Likes

I think you might be interested in some films by a former guest professor/artist-in-residence I took a couple of courses under, Harun Farocki. He’s also written a good deal about Godard.

3 Likes

Hi I just stopped by to drop this off:

16 Likes

A generous person might assume that he regrets diving into a conversation only to realize that he did not have the knowledge or experience to fully participate. Humbled, but unable to verbalize it, he chose to make amends by deleting his remarks but is continuing to read the articles and comments in the hope that he will gain some insight.

A less generous person might assume that he didn’t expect his obvious expertise to be challenged and was not prepared to engage in a good-faith discussion. Realizing that he wouldn’t be regaled as the genius he so clearly is, he left entirely to find somewhere else to feel important.

19 Likes

I bet you could cut glass with those cheekbones.

7 Likes

11 Likes

I know we’re done with this, sort of, but I needed a place to put this…

21 Likes

So, this is very interesting… it’s got spoilers and it’s very much Not Safe For Work:

22 Likes

“We knew there was going to be sexual content and we knew how we wanted to approach it,” Green added. “We’re going to show nude women, we should show nude men because we’re not trying to do something specifically for one audience or another. We are just depicting sex correctly.”

This is so refreshing to hear.

23 Likes

So let’s turn the tables. Can a good-looking penis exist, or are women lying to us when they say it’s nice, just to spare our fragile egos?

5 Likes

Well, obviously not all women like penises. I know that there are plenty who do like to look at them. But like when it comes to women, there is no “right” kind of physical form. That’s another major problem with objectification (of either gender) in that it skews how we think about a body SHOULD look, rather than focusing on how an individual is beautiful in their own right.

I thought so too! I’m glad the show is doing so well and it seems like they are getting it right. I can’t wait to watch it.

18 Likes

It’s weird to think that showing more dicks on television is an important thing, but that’s what it is.

11 Likes

Any specific recommendations? I found a trailer and a short on Youtube and was certainly intrigued.

3 Likes

I’d say yes, but I think it depends a lot on who it’s attached to. It’s more attractive if you find the man attractive. Penis devoid of context … not so much.

11 Likes

I can imagine devoid of context is the key factor in dick pics too.

9 Likes

Can’t speak for anyone but myself, but I have always been delighted to be given the chance to enjoy the body of an inamorato in it’s entirety, penis included. I’ve never seen anything I didn’t like.

12 Likes