General Gaming Chit-Chat and Tea-Time

Yes. Oh my god yes. I hope they go for all out realism and make his fingers small and tiny nubs. Who knows, maybe one of the surgeries will involve finger extension.

3 Likes

Do you get bonus points for ā€œaccidentsā€?

2 Likes

I donā€™t know, but I will tell you that I have heard tell that there is a syringe that shrinks your hand and fingers to Trump size.

Accidents? That severed carotid artery and the 15 scapels sticking out of his heart are vital to his wellbeing!

3 Likes

Why oh why do I have to be out of likes nowā€¦

1 Like

FFX Remastered went up on Steam not that long ago, effectively shortening my life by 100-200 hours.

3 Likes

Another free game offer, on GOG. System Shock 2, scroll past the offers at the top of the page.

They want you to claim it in their Galaxy client though, although you donā€™t need to run it to play any game bought from them.

1 Like

Oooh, I see Darkest Dungeon is on sale. I might finally pick that up. Iā€™ve gotten a little bored with Sunless Sea (after a year of play) and have been considering a new game.

My usual cynicism wilts when confronted with this new Zelda preview:

2 Likes

Iā€™m wondering how amiibo content will feel. The presence of multiple birds that arenā€™t cuccos or owls was the first thing that threw me.

More importantly, I wonder what will happen in that sheer volume of space. I wouldnā€™t mind foraging, camping, and traveling across the country to a new village to learn another chapter of story, or chase some legendary beast to chop off another limb, but thatā€™s only interesting for so long. (and I doubt Iā€™d come back and do that a second time)

I guess on the whole Iā€™m not unhappy I got a WiiU and Splatoon. (and Hyrule Warriors) Adding Breath of the Wild might make the purchases feel worthwhile. It doesnā€™t look like Iā€™ll get a 2DS or NX at this rate, though.

2 Likes

I bought mine specifically because I missed Wind Waker the first time around, and to date itā€™s the only WiiU game Iā€™ve completed.

#File under full disclosure.

I tellya, Mario Kart 8 is a hoot and a half, if you got a couch fulla competitors.

3 Likes

I would need a couch for that. And friends.

2 Likes

A futon would do. Or a stack of old newspapers. Plus hobos recruited from the underpass.

3 Likes

LIMBO is free on Steam for today and tomorrow

3 Likes

LIMBO was a great playthrough.

My favourite price point!

Hmm. Rick Dangerous for Goths. Still for free, gotta be worth at least a look, I guess :slight_smile:

And thereā€™s another free game on Steam. This time itā€™s Elite Dangerous: Arena (itā€™s the pvp bit of Elite Dangerous turned into a standalone game) and it costs nothing if you get it this weekend.

1 Like

Last weekend, Halo 5 was free on Xbox Gold. So I figured Iā€™d see if the campaign was better or worse than Halo 4, which I kinda hated.

I got 2 or three levels in, and yeahā€¦ glad I didnā€™t pay for it. The Prometheans still totally suck as enemies, and the lack of splitscreen couch co-op means I donā€™t have anyone sitting next to me with whom I can bitch about the gameā€™s deficiencies.

Fuck 343, and fuck Halo 5.

Hooray!

I should go back and play the first three acts againā€¦