General Gaming Chit-Chat and Tea-Time

Stay classy, Sega.

https://twitter.com/spacekatgal/status/700325418117828609

1 Like

oh? Iā€™m still going strong with my 360. Do you happen to know if the xbone one can pair with the PC usb dongle, or would I need a new one of those too?

You just plain canā€™t do wireless AFAIK. You need a usb/miniusb cable.

I probably havenā€™t played with mine enough yet. I can tell thereā€™s a difference, but so far to me it just feels like physical shape rather than responsiveness or anything. I still use both my 360 and my Xbone, depending on whether Iā€™m playing Fallout 4 or Portal 2 with my kids, and as far as I can tell I like both controllers about equally.

Ouch, that smarts!

3 Likes

You can use a mini-usb cable or buy the Windows 10 reciever. The controller has an interesting protocol since it can send headset audio back and forth as well, unlike the x360.

The triggers and particularly the d-pad are much better. I find myself liking the flatter face buttons a lot too.

1 Like

Yā€™know what, that was fun. Well, for me anyway. I wanna do that again. With the Google Maps puzzles and scavenger hunts and all that multimedia Web shit, coupled to the goofy sci-fi Roger Corman vibeā€¦ and I also liked it being based on an actual Google-Mappable locality, which added some fun verisimilitude.

Naw, I ainā€™t got the time to run it anytime soon. But itā€™d be neato if somebody else did.

Maybe a Badass Cannonball Coast-to-Coast Dragonball Rally, with no guarantees anyone or anything would make it past Vegas.

Thatā€™d be boss.

Welp, maybe Iā€™ll have another relatively low-stress job like The Mentalist again someday.

3 Likes

Twas a hoot, good memories were made, the in-jokes continue to amuse. Perhaps I should gear up to run again.

3 Likes

If I only had one Like to give this yearā€¦ I just gave it. :+1:

Badass Dragons on the Campaign Trail.

2 Likes

Oh, thatā€™s goood.

1 Like
3 Likes

I see in this XCOM 2 diary thereā€™s a recruit/RPS reader by the name of The Borderer. Any relation @the_borderer?

1 Like

Itā€™s me.

I put my name down for this a few weeks ago, I thought it would be fun.

If I canā€™t die as a hero, then I hope to die in a hilarious manner.

5 Likes

Ok, I am glad I wandered across this comment of yours, because that is a seriously fucking amazing analysis of a surprisingly thought provoking game that if not for your comment here on the bbs I likely would never had heard of so, I just wanted to say, thank you.

2 Likes

Another candidate for The BBS Playsā€¦?

oh god reading that. no. just no.

3 Likes

Having played it I can confirm

The ambiguity of other playersā€™ intentions is the Dark Zoneā€™s best feature. It generates super-suspenseful emergent narratives, filled with uneasy alliances, betrayals, and revenge. Extracting loot from the Dark Zone requires calling in a chopper, starting an extraction countdown to which all nearby players are alerted. Things can go horribly wrong in those ninety seconds, as players congregate to either extract their loot via chopper, or extract othersā€™ via bullets. At one point, a friend and I got into a lengthy game of cat and mouse with a pair of dishonourable players. Though exhausting and infuriating, the story that incident created - ending with one of the assholes being chased into a den of high-level enemies - was the gameā€™s most memorable moment so far.

This part is legitimately amazing; it creates a palpable feeling of actual dystopian paranoia I have never, ever felt in a game before. It is :banana:s.

Almost worth playing the game just to experience this one bit.

I just spent way too much money on old games on my trip to Tokyo. Among the good deals I found:

*A PC Engine Duo & bunch of HuCard games
*Sega CD V2
*Final Fantasy 1 & 2 for Wonderswan Color
*A Wonderswan Color

As for Sega/PCEngine CD games, it seems that I can burn ISOā€™s for just about everything. But of course, the collector in me wants to put my hands on ā€œLoomā€, ā€œSecret of Monkey Islandā€ and the like.

And for good measure, I bought a PC Engine portable for parts to repair my Japanese unit with a failing screen.

3 Likes

I canā€™t remember the any Clancy game I liked, or the last Ubisoft game that played well.

2 Likes