General Moderation Topic

Searching for the old name, there are lots of replies with quotes from things that yarp wrote, but all of the original messages seem to be missing, and searching for the user yarp comes up empty.

2 Likes

What kind of content prompted the addition of the “Illegal” flag? What should we be on the lookout for?

19 Likes

season 2 good question GIF by Twin Peaks on Showtime

16 Likes

For that matter, illegal where? Laws vary so much between countries and states that just about anything is going to be illegal somewhere.

17 Likes

Jimmy Fallon Agree GIF

14 Likes

Be on the lookout for raptors that are feeling poorly (ill-eagles)

#dadJokes

22 Likes

I remember user yarp.

I don’t believe you got banned or anonymised, as there would be notification in this thread.
(As I had little better to do this morning, I scrolled all the way up to mid 2022, and your name doesn’t come up - I’m sure you’ve posted since then).

So, me being a non-tech, I’m afraid I am no help at all in this mystery. But welcome back in your new persona anyway.

13 Likes

Scroll? Not search?

Tell me you’re an old without telling me!

13 Likes

I am… :unamused:

I did search, but it gave me yarp’s name in all topics.
I have no idea how to search a single thread.

Besides, when I started scrolling up, it got sorta addictive, and brought back a load of memories, not all dark ones.

14 Likes

While you’re in this topic, go to the search box in the upper right and type “yarp”. There will be a drop-down menu that will ask if you want to look in all threads, or this specific one.

Screenshot 2024-02-19 at 11.33.06 AM

14 Likes

Oh yes, that was far simpler.
Many thanks.

Looks for “kicking-self” emoji.

12 Likes

I’m afraid I have no idea. That account doesn’t exist and apparently hasn’t for long enough that there is no log of any actions taken on it.

15 Likes

The wonders of the Multiverse!

7 Likes

ffa56f39-330e-4697-88c8-242465bd67bf_text

22 Likes

16 Likes

Maybe it was never brought over to this latest iteration of the BBS? We’ve had at least 4 others over the years, right?

10 Likes

I did a general search in all topics, got this:

But the “UP” button (yes, I’m calling it that, told you I wasn’t a tech) does nothing, or at least takes you nowhere.

From: Tesla recalls nearly every car it has sold in America - #16 by smulder

So, not that long ago.

Ooh, you gotta love a mystery.

I think, @afish, in my non-professional opinion, that you have either crossed a bifrost bridge or inadvertantly come into contact with an infinity stone.
Don’t feel bad about either, could happen to anyone.

11 Likes

Aye. Or maybe @afish is an irresistible force who’s come up against an unfindable object. :thinking:

11 Likes

Or perhaps there’s no such thing as a …

you know where I’m going with that.

9 Likes

Oooh, it’s a mystery…
halloween monster GIF by Adam Osgood

6 Likes